Freeware symbol and logo

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the artistic
and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo. My intention
was that it could be used on freeware sites and in freeware programs.

Big thanks to all who responded. But none, with one exception, had any
artistic bone in them, sadly.

But I'm stubborn and refuse to give up! Hope I'm not beating a dead horse...

I'm inspired by the logo contests for programs like 'Sunbird':
http://axentra.net/www/sunbird/logo_contest.html. They use images in
256x256, 48x48, 32x32. I would also like standard banners at 88x31 and
234x60, but everything goes... :-)

*** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***

Some early suggestions were:
- an eagle
- 3?. The number 3 and the symbol ?. The 3 sounds like free
and ware sounds like where which is a question!! Hence freeware = 3?.
- a freeware fairie like FTW's:
http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/images/art2.jpg
- a side view of a open hand, sitting on the open hand is a
present/gift(a squareshape with a bow attached)
- a dollar sign with a circle around it and a line through it
[Chris Harney made a image (120x110), but the link to it is dead]

One issue who was raised was the problem of who could use the symbol
(the freeware debate again and again). I'll volunteer (of course!) to
make a site with guidelines... But the criteria ought to be: If it's
'pure' enough for Pricelessware it's good enough for me. Don't worry,
I'll probably stick more closer to JC's criteria than some would like.. ;-)

Well, enough, rambling, back to business:

*** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***

If many respond, we could even vote...

Regards from

--
Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
Halma & Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no
More about freeware symbol logo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    sorry peeps, wasn't paying attention. would this do
    http://diatribes.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/freeware.html
    Peace
    Crispy Sea

    "Vegard Krog Petersen" <vegard_krog_petersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the artistic
    > and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo. My intention
    > was that it could be used on freeware sites and in freeware programs.
    >
    > Big thanks to all who responded. But none, with one exception, had any
    > artistic bone in them, sadly.
    >
    > But I'm stubborn and refuse to give up! Hope I'm not beating a dead
    horse...

    > I'm inspired by the logo contests for programs like 'Sunbird':
    > http://axentra.net/www/sunbird/logo_contest.html. They use images in
    > 256x256, 48x48, 32x32. I would also like standard banners at 88x31 and
    > 234x60, but everything goes... :-)
    >
    > *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >
    > Some early suggestions were:
    > - an eagle
    > - 3?. The number 3 and the symbol ?. The 3 sounds like free
    > and ware sounds like where which is a question!! Hence freeware = 3?.
    > - a freeware fairie like FTW's:
    > http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/images/art2.jpg
    > - a side view of a open hand, sitting on the open hand is a
    > present/gift(a squareshape with a bow attached)
    > - a dollar sign with a circle around it and a line through it
    > [Chris Harney made a image (120x110), but the link to it is dead]
    >

    > One issue who was raised was the problem of who could use the symbol
    > (the freeware debate again and again). I'll volunteer (of course!) to
    > make a site with guidelines... But the criteria ought to be: If it's
    > 'pure' enough for Pricelessware it's good enough for me. Don't worry,
    > I'll probably stick more closer to JC's criteria than some would like..
    ;-)

    > Well, enough, rambling, back to business:
    >
    > *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >
    > If many respond, we could even vote...
    >

    > Regards from
    >
    > --
    > Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
    >
    > My sites:
    ----------
    > Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
    ----------
    > Halma & Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
    ----------
    > Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
    ----------
    > My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
    ----------
    > Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no
    ----------

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Freewarelogo1.html

    --

    Some You Won't Find Anywhere Else...
    http://sonofspy3.spymac.net/index.html

    . --- . . - - - - - - - - - - - -
    / SOS \ __ / Freeware - - - - - -
    / / \ ( ) / - - - - -
    / / / / / / / \/ \ - - - -
    / / / / / / / : : - - -
    / / / / / ' ' - -
    / / //..\\
    =====UU==UU=====
    '///||\\\'
    ' '' '
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Son Of Spy wrote:
    > Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:
    >
    >> I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the artistic
    >> and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo. My intention
    >> was that it could be used on freeware sites and in freeware programs.
    >>
    >> Big thanks to all who responded. But none, with one exception, had any
    >> artistic bone in them, sadly.
    >>
    >> But I'm stubborn and refuse to give up! Hope I'm not beating a dead
    >> horse...
    >>
    >> I'm inspired by the logo contests for programs like 'Sunbird':
    >> http://axentra.net/www/sunbird/logo_contest.html. They use images in
    >> 256x256, 48x48, 32x32. I would also like standard banners at 88x31 and
    >> 234x60, but everything goes... :-)
    >>
    >> *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >>

    > http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Freewarelogo1.html

    How about the basic $ sign inside the circle with a slash mark through it?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    JoeA <jsalpha2@atnetscape.net> wrote:

    > How about the basic $ sign inside the circle with a slash mark through it?

    Not international enough. Hint: the dollar is not the only currency in
    the world. (The slash mark might not be necessary as the value of the
    US dollar wil be zero if the present trend continues)

    Yusuf ben James
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Well !@ .. I never ....

    SO GOOD to see you !

    Frank

    "Son Of Spy" <sonofspy@whatever.net> wrote ...
    > Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:
    > > I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the artistic
    > > and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo. My intention
    > > was that it could be used on freeware sites and in freeware programs.
    > >
    > > Big thanks to all who responded. But none, with one exception, had any
    > > artistic bone in them, sadly.
    > >
    > > But I'm stubborn and refuse to give up! Hope I'm not beating a dead
    > > horse...
    > >
    > > I'm inspired by the logo contests for programs like 'Sunbird':
    > > http://axentra.net/www/sunbird/logo_contest.html. They use images in
    > > 256x256, 48x48, 32x32. I would also like standard banners at 88x31 and
    > > 234x60, but everything goes... :-)
    > >
    > > *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    > >

    > http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Freewarelogo1.html
    >
    > --
    >
    > Some You Won't Find Anywhere Else...
    > http://sonofspy3.spymac.net/index.html
    > http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html
    >
    > . --- . . - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > / SOS \ __ / Freeware - - - - - -
    > / / \ ( ) / - - - - -
    > / / / / / / / \/ \ - - - -
    > / / / / / / / : : - - -
    > / / / / / ' ' - -
    > / / //..\\
    > =====UU==UU=====
    > '///||\\\'
    > ' '' '
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Yusuf ben James <Yusuf67ben89James@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >JoeA <jsalpha2@atnetscape.net> wrote:
    >
    >> How about the basic $ sign inside the circle with a slash mark through it?
    >
    >Not international enough. Hint: the dollar is not the only currency in
    >the world. (The slash mark might not be necessary as the value of the
    >US dollar wil be zero if the present trend continues)

    Any foreigner who doesn't know that "$" means "money" is a bit of a
    retard.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:28:42 +0800, Bateau wrote:

    >>Not international enough. Hint: the dollar is not the only currency in
    >>the world. (The slash mark might not be necessary as the value of the
    >>US dollar wil be zero if the present trend continues)
    >
    > Any foreigner who doesn't know that "$" means "money" is a bit of a
    > retard.

    $ = Dollar

    And more than one country denominates its currency in Dollars.

    Definition of 'foreigner' depends upon where you're standing. I'm certain,
    that we're both foreigners to each other, for which I'm duly grateful, but
    we're all foreigners to someone.

    I thought, at first, that you must be a USAnian, but you seem to be posting
    from Perth (Australia) or thereabouts! Perhaps you're not quite what you
    seem to be.......

    Cheers,

    Roy
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in

    > Any foreigner who doesn't know that "$" means "money" is a bit of a
    > retard.

    Especially as much $$ as they have made over the years:

    http://tinyurl.com/5wzlq
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:
    > I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the artistic
    > and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo. My intention
    > was that it could be used on freeware sites and in freeware programs.
    >
    > Big thanks to all who responded. But none, with one exception, had any
    > artistic bone in them, sadly.
    >
    > But I'm stubborn and refuse to give up! Hope I'm not beating a dead
    > horse...
    >
    > I'm inspired by the logo contests for programs like 'Sunbird':
    > http://axentra.net/www/sunbird/logo_contest.html. They use images in
    > 256x256, 48x48, 32x32. I would also like standard banners at 88x31 and
    > 234x60, but everything goes... :-)
    >
    > *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >
    > Some early suggestions were:
    > - an eagle
    > - 3?. The number 3 and the symbol ?. The 3 sounds like free
    > and ware sounds like where which is a question!! Hence freeware = 3?.
    > - a freeware fairie like FTW's:
    > http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/images/art2.jpg
    > - a side view of a open hand, sitting on the open hand is a
    > present/gift(a squareshape with a bow attached)
    > - a dollar sign with a circle around it and a line through it
    > [Chris Harney made a image (120x110), but the link to it is dead]
    >

    > One issue who was raised was the problem of who could use the symbol
    > (the freeware debate again and again). I'll volunteer (of course!) to
    > make a site with guidelines... But the criteria ought to be: If it's
    > 'pure' enough for Pricelessware it's good enough for me. Don't worry,
    > I'll probably stick more closer to JC's criteria than some would like.. ;-)
    >
    > Well, enough, rambling, back to business:
    >
    > *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >
    > If many respond, we could even vote...
    >

    > Regards from
    >
    > --
    > Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway

    Personally I'd prefer it wasn't an animation. If I go to a sight with
    something flashing at me I quickly scroll to a spot where I can't see it
    or leave the site or if I really need to be there within view of the
    animation I turn it off. I'm sure I'm not the only one (or am I weird?).

    Cheers
    miskairal
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    _miskairal_, domenica 14/nov/2004:

    > Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:
    >> I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the artistic
    >> and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo. My intention
    >> was that it could be used on freeware sites and in freeware programs.
    >>
    >> Big thanks to all who responded. But none, with one exception, had any
    >> artistic bone in them, sadly.
    >>
    >> But I'm stubborn and refuse to give up! Hope I'm not beating a dead
    >> horse...
    >>
    >> I'm inspired by the logo contests for programs like 'Sunbird':
    >> http://axentra.net/www/sunbird/logo_contest.html. They use images in
    >> 256x256, 48x48, 32x32. I would also like standard banners at 88x31 and
    >> 234x60, but everything goes... :-)
    >>
    >> *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >>
    >> Some early suggestions were:
    >> - an eagle
    >> - 3?. The number 3 and the symbol ?. The 3 sounds like free
    >> and ware sounds like where which is a question!! Hence freeware = 3?.
    >> - a freeware fairie like FTW's:
    >> http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/images/art2.jpg
    >> - a side view of a open hand, sitting on the open hand is a
    >> present/gift(a squareshape with a bow attached)
    >> - a dollar sign with a circle around it and a line through it
    >> [Chris Harney made a image (120x110), but the link to it is dead]
    >>
    >> One issue who was raised was the problem of who could use the symbol
    >> (the freeware debate again and again). I'll volunteer (of course!) to
    >> make a site with guidelines... But the criteria ought to be: If it's
    >> 'pure' enough for Pricelessware it's good enough for me. Don't worry,
    >> I'll probably stick more closer to JC's criteria than some would like.. ;-)
    >>
    >> Well, enough, rambling, back to business:
    >>
    >> *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >>
    >> If many respond, we could even vote...
    >>
    >> Regards from
    >>
    >> --
    >> Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
    >
    > Personally I'd prefer it wasn't an animation. If I go to a sight with
    > something flashing at me I quickly scroll to a spot where I can't see it
    > or leave the site or if I really need to be there within view of the
    > animation I turn it off. I'm sure I'm not the only one (or am I weird?).

    You're not alone. I can't stand animations and blinking or scrolling text.
    My reaction is like yours. Then we're at least two weirds ;-)

    Crosspost-To: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 14/11/2004 9.59.36
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    "miskairal" <mehiding@invalid.com> wrote in message

    > Personally I'd prefer it wasn't an animation. If I go to a sight with
    > something flashing at me I quickly scroll to a spot where I can't see
    > it or leave the site or if I really need to be there within view of
    > the animation I turn it off. I'm sure I'm not the only one (or am I
    > weird?).

    No, I do the *exact* same thing. It's too distracting to read the actual
    *text* when something is trying to vie for your attention in that way.

    Have a great day!

    Ami
    "Next up on Fox -- When Surgeons Attack"
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Slarty <slartybartfast23@yahoo.uk> wrote:
    >On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:28:42 +0800, Bateau wrote:
    >
    >>>Not international enough. Hint: the dollar is not the only currency in
    >>>the world. (The slash mark might not be necessary as the value of the
    >>>US dollar wil be zero if the present trend continues)
    >>
    >> Any foreigner who doesn't know that "$" means "money" is a bit of a
    >> retard.
    >
    >$ = Dollar
    >
    >And more than one country denominates its currency in Dollars.
    >
    >Definition of 'foreigner' depends upon where you're standing. I'm certain,
    >that we're both foreigners to each other, for which I'm duly grateful, but
    >we're all foreigners to someone.
    >
    >I thought, at first, that you must be a USAnian, but you seem to be posting
    >from Perth (Australia) or thereabouts! Perhaps you're not quite what you
    >seem to be.......

    You'd have to be some kind of stone age primitive not to know that
    dollars are money.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:48:29 +0800, Bateau wrote...

    > >$ = Dollar
    >
    > You'd have to be some kind of stone age primitive not to know that
    > dollars are money.

    The '$' symbol represents a 'string' in programming to some of us.

    --
    EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
    Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by

    "Paul Blarmy" <foxesfan@trashmail.net> wrote in message

    > The '$' symbol represents a 'string' in programming to some of us.

    Only to Basic programmers <g>. Other languages don't have that
    restriction ;-).

    Have a great day!

    Ami
    "Next up on Fox -- When Surgeons Attack"
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 05:04:33 -0700, Ami Fairchild wrote...

    > > The '$' symbol represents a 'string' in programming to some of us.
    >
    > Only to Basic programmers <g>. Other languages don't have that
    > restriction ;-).

    Well I'm a pretty basic kind of guy :-)

    --
    EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
    Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
    *me* using nothing more than common sense.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    > You'd have to be some kind of stone age primitive not to know that
    > dollars are money.

    You'd have to be some 20th century primitive not to know that £ and € are
    even more money.

    --
    Rod
    Listening to http://www.stubru.be/luisterlive/streams/high.html

    MLC wrote:

    > _miskairal_, domenica 14/nov/2004:

    >>Personally I'd prefer it wasn't an animation. If I go to a sight with
    >>something flashing at me I quickly scroll to a spot where I can't see it
    >>or leave the site or if I really need to be there within view of the
    >>animation I turn it off. I'm sure I'm not the only one (or am I weird?).
    >>

    > You're not alone. I can't stand animations and blinking or scrolling text.
    > My reaction is like yours. Then we're at least two weirds ;-)

    Ahh, it's nice to think there are a few of us :)
  18. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Paul Blarmy <foxesfan@trashmail.net> wrote:
    >On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:48:29 +0800, Bateau wrote...
    >
    >> >$ = Dollar
    >>
    >> You'd have to be some kind of stone age primitive not to know that
    >> dollars are money.
    >
    >The '$' symbol represents a 'string' in programming to some of us.

    "No strings" software could be taken to mean the same thing.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:

    > I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the artistic
    > and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo. My intention
    > was that it could be used on freeware sites and in freeware programs.
    >
    > Big thanks to all who responded. But none, with one exception, had any
    > artistic bone in them, sadly.
    >
    > But I'm stubborn and refuse to give up! Hope I'm not beating a dead horse...
    >
    > I'm inspired by the logo contests for programs like 'Sunbird':
    > http://axentra.net/www/sunbird/logo_contest.html. They use images in
    > 256x256, 48x48, 32x32. I would also like standard banners at 88x31 and
    > 234x60, but everything goes... :-)
    >
    > *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >
    > Some early suggestions were:
    > - an eagle
    > - 3?. The number 3 and the symbol ?. The 3 sounds like free
    > and ware sounds like where which is a question!! Hence freeware = 3?.
    > - a freeware fairie like FTW's:
    > http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/images/art2.jpg
    > - a side view of a open hand, sitting on the open hand is a
    > present/gift(a squareshape with a bow attached)
    > - a dollar sign with a circle around it and a line through it
    > [Chris Harney made a image (120x110), but the link to it is dead]
    >
    > One issue who was raised was the problem of who could use the symbol
    > (the freeware debate again and again). I'll volunteer (of course!) to
    > make a site with guidelines... But the criteria ought to be: If it's
    > 'pure' enough for Pricelessware it's good enough for me. Don't worry,
    > I'll probably stick more closer to JC's criteria than some would like.. ;-)
    >
    > Well, enough, rambling, back to business:
    >
    > *** Anybody out there with free time and and artistic 'bones' ? ***
    >
    > If many respond, we could even vote...
    >
    > Regards from
    >
    > --
    > Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway
    >
    > My sites:
    > Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
    > Halma & Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
    > Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
    > My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
    > Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

    A nice idea. If you ever find a nice logo I will used on my site.
    But it would be much better if we had a symbol for all kind of stuff. From freeware to
    software. At least one for pure freeware, one for "free" adware, one for demo's and
    trials, shareware, abandonware and software.
    In fact I should love to have a logo for freeware that uses an install shield, and one
    that doesn't use that.

    Yeah.. I feel it, it will be impossible...
    Rudy
    http://www.caiman.us
  20. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Rudy Versele wrote:

    > A nice idea. If you ever find a nice logo I will used on my site.
    > But it would be much better if we had a symbol for all kind of stuff. From freeware to
    > software. At least one for pure freeware, one for "free" adware, one for demo's and
    > trials, shareware, abandonware and software.
    > In fact I should love to have a logo for freeware that uses an install shield, and one
    > that doesn't use that.
    >
    > Yeah.. I feel it, it will be impossible...
    > Rudy http://www.caiman.us

    And people call me demanding! ;-)

    cheers!

    --
    Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

    My sites:
    Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/
    Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/
    Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/
    My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/
    Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no
  21. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:
    > I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the artistic
    > and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo. My intention
    > was that it could be used on freeware sites and in freeware programs.
    >
    > Hope I'm not beating a dead horse...

    The horse is alive, but perhaps not kicking! ;-)

    Thanks to all who responded and their ideas. It seems it was to
    optimistic to except a lot of icons, banners, symbols and logos in
    different sizes. But some have created images that could be used as a
    freeware symbol or logo.

    I'll wait for perhaps some more response the next week. Then I'll
    collect the suggestions we already have and start a new thread where we
    can vote.

    Regards from vegard

    --
    Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

    My sites:
    Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/
    Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/
    Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/
    My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/
    Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no
  22. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    Vegard Krog Petersen <vegard_krog_petersen@hotmail.com> wrote :

    > I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the
    > artistic and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo.
    > My intention was that it could be used on freeware sites and in
    > freeware programs.

    I just want to express my opinion about the alt.comp.freeware logo.
    Imho, it should :

    - be rather non animated
    - rather computer/software related than fairie/elf related
    - have neutral colors (not flashy) that could suit several types of
    sites
    - mention 'freeware' and 'alt.comp.freeware' and preferably
    nothing else.

    Of course, these are only my 2 cents.

    --
    Antoine
  23. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    _Antoine_, sabato 04/dic/2004:

    > Vegard Krog Petersen <vegard_krog_petersen@hotmail.com> wrote :
    >
    >> I started a thread about this earlier, where I challenged the
    >> artistic and creative among us to make a freeware symbol or logo.
    >> My intention was that it could be used on freeware sites and in
    >> freeware programs.
    >
    > I just want to express my opinion about the alt.comp.freeware logo.
    > Imho, it should :
    >
    > - be rather non animated
    > - rather computer/software related than fairie/elf related
    > - have neutral colors (not flashy) that could suit several types of
    > sites
    > - mention 'freeware' and 'alt.comp.freeware' and preferably
    > nothing else.
    >
    > Of course, these are only my 2 cents.

    Add other 2 cents from me.

    Crosspost-To: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 04/12/2004 20.16.11
    Programmer: A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of

Freeware Games Video Games