VisionTek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti200

G

I recently purchased the VisionTek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti200 and noticed that it had heatsinks on the memory chips and a fan on the GPU along with a heatsink, much like Nvidia's reference design of the Ti500. Nvidia's reference design of the Ti200 calls only for a heatsink on the GPU itself. Anyways, enough with my rambling, and on to my question. Has anyone had any luck getting this card, or any Ti200 above GeForce3 clock speeds(200 core, 460 mem)? I read on Guru3D's website that he had luck getting his Ti200 above the Ti500 levels. I thought this would be possible with the extra heatsinks and the fan, but I could not exceed (210 core, 490 mem) without graphical glitches. Another thing keeping me from going higher, is that the overclocking dialog for the driver prevents core speeds above 220 and memory above 500. This is my other question, does anyone know of a utility that allows you to go above these levels? Well enough with my questions, any response to these would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:
AMD Athlon 1GHz
768 MB PC133 RAM
40 GB Western Digital, 13.6 GB Western Digital
16/10/40 CD-RW Drive
VisionTek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti200
Sound Blaster Live!
MSI KT133A MoBo

Thanks,

Darkrift

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Are you using coolbits (built in nVidia overclocker...registry hack) to overclock or some 3rd party util? The coolbits lets me get up to like 600Mhz memory on the Ti500.

The truth is this: That card is GUARANTEED to run at the default clock, nothing more. Anything above is pure luck. Those video abnormalities you describe tell me that no matter what utility you use, you aren't going to get much above the defaults. Trade it in for an identical model and you might get better results.

I'm kinda lucky I think. I've got an Xtasy Ti500 and it's currently running at 250/550 with no problems. I haven't really pushed it past that but I've heard of people runing them at like 250/570 or more.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
One way to get rid of the heat is to get a fan that installs in an expansion slot and put it just below the Video card. It will help by taking away extra heat from around the GPU and memory, making the ambient tempurature cooler, and letting the HS work better.

As far as a utility to OC a video card, try Powerstrip. It works with just about every card, and lets you set some driver options that aren't always accessable any other way.

Chesnuts roasting on an open CPU
Bill Gates nipping at your wallet

G

I am using the coolbits registry hack to overclock. It seemed that when I installed the Nvidia 22.50 drivers, the panel let me go much higher than it does now with the 22.80 drivers. I think for now I'm going to leave the card at the GeForce 3 level (200 core, 460 mem), which is (+25 core, +60 mem) above what the card defaults to. It's giving me 5100 3DMarks on 3DMark2001 using default benchmark settings (1024x768x32 etc). Needless to say, I'm happy with that. I just cant figure out how some of these guys are getting above 6000 using basically the same computer configuration. Thanks for the input ;)

Darkrift