Windows Explorer super slow opening photographs...

August 21, 2005 9:06:01 PM

For the past couple of days WE has started acting strangely - previously, I
was able to open a folder with photos, and it would open right up with
thumbnails in the right window....I could move from one folder or subfolder
that has a pack of photos, to another folder or subfolder with photos at
will. Now, however, when I open a folder or subfolder with photos, the right
window is blank, and after a period of up to a minute, the photos start to
appear sort of ghost-like - then they switch to icons and sometimes back to
thumbnails. I have to "refresh" the window to get the thumbnails I want in
the window.

Additionally, if I "wave" the cursor around in the right window, WE will
close, the screen goes blank for a moment, and then I'm back at my desktop
and have to open WE again...

This occurs in any folder or subfolder with photographs, regardless of where
it is - even in the recycle bin...

How do I get back to being able to use WE without this frustrating problem...?
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 12:16:32 PM

I would suspect a corrupt 'thumbs.db' file. You can set the system to view 'hidden and system' files, to see and delete it. It will
rebuild automatically.

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!