Stuck right at the login screen

My pc freezes right at the windows login screen. It does not even give me the
field to type in my password. It happens in normal and safe mode. Please
help.
1 answer Last reply
More about stuck login screen

    In news:A827FBAB-CDAC-40A2-9EDF-83CEA528F99E@microsoft.com,
    krsdownlow <krsdownlow@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > My pc freezes right at the windows login screen. It does not even
    > give me the field to type in my password. It happens in normal and
    > safe mode. Please help.

    If you can't get into the OS at all with safe mode or with last known good
    configuration and no specific error message is given it's best to attempt a
    repair installation.

    Repair Installation of XP :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html

    Galen
    --

    "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
    its solution is its own reward."

    Sherlock Holmes

Login Support Microsoft Windows XP