When Outlook Express tries to open an email with a doc. attachment it
tries to open workpad. I have used file associations to change this to
Word but still wordpad opens? I might add that if I then go back to
file associations I can still see Word selected even though Wordpad
opens the attachment. How do I get this changed correctly?

Thnaks in advance

Hi Old Fart,

Download FileExtInfo from here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/utils/fileextinfo.zip

Unzip and run it. Select the .DOC from the listbox, and click "View
associations......." option. This utility exports the file association keys
for the corresponding file type. Post the log file here.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"the Old Fart" <nothere@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> When Outlook Express tries to open an email with a doc. attachment it
> tries to open workpad. I have used file associations to change this to
> Word but still wordpad opens? I might add that if I then go back to
> file associations I can still see Word selected even though Wordpad opens
> the attachment. How do I get this changed correctly?
>
> Thnaks in advance

TRENDING THREADS