Using Latitude Parallel Floppy on IBM THinkpad

I have a Dell Latitude C600 with an external Floppy drive that can be
connected either in the CD/rom bay or via a Parallel cable. My company has
given me an IBM Thinkpad T40. It has no floppy drive. I am looking for a way
to get the IBM-WindowsXP Pro to recognize the Parallel Floppy connection
from the Dell. I can not find a driver nor does it seem to recognize it. Any
ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about using latitude parallel floppy thinkpad

    "Jeff B" <JBlank@warwick.net> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Latitude C600 with an external Floppy drive that can be
    >connected either in the CD/rom bay or via a Parallel cable. My company has
    >given me an IBM Thinkpad T40. It has no floppy drive. I am looking for a
    >way to get the IBM-WindowsXP Pro to recognize the Parallel Floppy
    >connection from the Dell. I can not find a driver nor does it seem to
    >recognize it. Any ideas?

    A cheap USB floppy drive?

    I already have the Dell/parrallel floppy. I was hoping there would be a way
    to use it.

    > "Jeff B" <JBlank@warwick.net> wrote in message
    >>I have a Dell Latitude C600 with an external Floppy drive that can be
    >>connected either in the CD/rom bay or via a Parallel cable. My company has
    >>given me an IBM Thinkpad T40. It has no floppy drive. I am looking for a
    >>way to get the IBM-WindowsXP Pro to recognize the Parallel Floppy
    >>connection from the Dell. I can not find a driver nor does it seem to
    >>recognize it. Any ideas?
    >>

    > A cheap USB floppy drive?

    I believe there is a requirement of BIOS support that the Dell has and the
    IBM does not.

    I'm not positive, but I am fairly sure. This is why XP sees it on the Dell,
    but not the IBM.

    Tom
    >I already have the Dell/parrallel floppy. I was hoping there would be a way
    >to use it.

    >> "Jeff B" <JBlank@warwick.net> wrote in message
    >>>I have a Dell Latitude C600 with an external Floppy drive that can be
    >>>connected either in the CD/rom bay or via a Parallel cable. My company
    >>>has given me an IBM Thinkpad T40. It has no floppy drive. I am looking
    >>>for a way to get the IBM-WindowsXP Pro to recognize the Parallel Floppy
    >>>connection from the Dell. I can not find a driver nor does it seem to
    >>>recognize it. Any ideas?
    >>>

    >> A cheap USB floppy drive?

Dell Latitude Floppy Disk IBM ThinkPad Computers