Using Latitude Parallel Floppy on IBM THinkpad

I have a Dell Latitude C600 with an external Floppy drive that can be
connected either in the CD/rom bay or via a Parallel cable. My company has
given me an IBM Thinkpad T40. It has no floppy drive. I am looking for a way
to get the IBM-WindowsXP Pro to recognize the Parallel Floppy connection
from the Dell. I can not find a driver nor does it seem to recognize it. Any
ideas?

"Jeff B" <JBlank@warwick.net> wrote in message
>I have a Dell Latitude C600 with an external Floppy drive that can be
>connected either in the CD/rom bay or via a Parallel cable. My company has
>given me an IBM Thinkpad T40. It has no floppy drive. I am looking for a
>way to get the IBM-WindowsXP Pro to recognize the Parallel Floppy
>connection from the Dell. I can not find a driver nor does it seem to
>recognize it. Any ideas?

A cheap USB floppy drive?

I already have the Dell/parrallel floppy. I was hoping there would be a way
to use it.

> "Jeff B" <JBlank@warwick.net> wrote in message
>>I have a Dell Latitude C600 with an external Floppy drive that can be
>>connected either in the CD/rom bay or via a Parallel cable. My company has
>>given me an IBM Thinkpad T40. It has no floppy drive. I am looking for a
>>way to get the IBM-WindowsXP Pro to recognize the Parallel Floppy
>>connection from the Dell. I can not find a driver nor does it seem to
>>recognize it. Any ideas?
>>

> A cheap USB floppy drive?

I believe there is a requirement of BIOS support that the Dell has and the
IBM does not.

I'm not positive, but I am fairly sure. This is why XP sees it on the Dell,
but not the IBM.

Tom
>I already have the Dell/parrallel floppy. I was hoping there would be a way
>to use it.

>> "Jeff B" <JBlank@warwick.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a Dell Latitude C600 with an external Floppy drive that can be
>>>connected either in the CD/rom bay or via a Parallel cable. My company
>>>has given me an IBM Thinkpad T40. It has no floppy drive. I am looking
>>>for a way to get the IBM-WindowsXP Pro to recognize the Parallel Floppy
>>>connection from the Dell. I can not find a driver nor does it seem to
>>>recognize it. Any ideas?
>>>

>> A cheap USB floppy drive?

TRENDING THREADS