Windows hangs after logging in

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I am running XP Pro with service pack 2. Lately I have a long delay in
getting the system powered up to use it. The computer loads quickly to the
login screen. Then it takes like 5 minutes for it to load all the drivers or
be in a position to use the computer. I cannot trace this to any upgrade or
installation of software. I have run regedit, but am afraid to make any
other changes. The changes I made caused no difference. (By the way I had a
sharewared program on a different computer that analyzed the startup and told
you what each did to help you decide whether to delete but I can't find it)
Anyone know what's going on?

Typing in regedit and running wont solve any problems,regedit usually gets
edited for that to work (dont edit unless you know what youre doing)...Try
going
to run,type:cmd In cmd type:CHKDSK C: /F Agree to restart then type:EXIT
Restart computer.Have you run disk-cleanup,then defrag.

"Rick" wrote:

> I am running XP Pro with service pack 2. Lately I have a long delay in
> getting the system powered up to use it. The computer loads quickly to the
> login screen. Then it takes like 5 minutes for it to load all the drivers or
> be in a position to use the computer. I cannot trace this to any upgrade or
> installation of software. I have run regedit, but am afraid to make any
> other changes. The changes I made caused no difference. (By the way I had a
> sharewared program on a different computer that analyzed the startup and told
> you what each did to help you decide whether to delete but I can't find it)
> Anyone know what's going on?

TRENDING THREADS