hello,

I am trying to uninstall, Outpost Firewall, but it will not allow me
to. I keep getting a pop-up box saying "Invalid INSTALL.LOG File".
Whether I try to uninstall from the all programs or add/remove
programs, I get that same thing. Is the a recommended way to get rid
of it, other than deleting it’s directory?

I will appreciate any help

thanks in advance

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-uninstall-ftopict411739.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1369758

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:3_1369758_4e08613fb17043e7cb4be63bcda77352@windowsforumz.com,
RUMPLE <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> had this to say:

> hello,
>
> I am trying to uninstall, Outpost Firewall, but it will not allow me
> to. I keep getting a pop-up box saying "Invalid INSTALL.LOG File".
> Whether I try to uninstall from the all programs or add/remove
> programs, I get that same thing. Is the a recommended way to get rid
> of it, other than deleting itâ?Ts directory?
>
> I will appreciate any help
>
> thanks in advance

Hmm... OP usually uninstalls fairly well. I can recommend that you
re-install it over itself, reboot, stop the service (services.msc) and close
the application from the task bar's notification area. Then uninstall it. If
you have any additional troubles www.outpostfirewall.com is a forum where
you can get additional help though I'm pretty sure that they'll ask you why
you want to uninstall it. The only times I've seen uninstall issues were
with beta builds and if you have one of those then you should have access to
the mailing list for additional information and should double check it and
if it's a bug you should file a bug report with your ID and password.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes