getting vertical lines ...

G

Hi all,

I'm having this weird problem, whenever i run any 3d programs (mostly games) ... a few minutes after that the whole pc hangs and the screen displays vertical lines. I suspect something could be wrong with my 3D card. Could overheating cause this ? My geforce 2 MX doesn't come with a fan. I'm using MSI MS-Starforce 817. I could be wrong, could this also possibly be cause by the cpu itself ? I've tried all drivers, right from detonator 3 to the beta 22.81 :) . DirectX 8.0 is installed. Oh yeah, sometimes while playing games, it'll just reboot itself .. @!#@$

Anyone had similar experiences ?

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
some v-cards do not come with fan, i would check refreshrate of monitor and check power supply fan, the heating up could cause other damagealso the power supply could be going out and that why it shuts dow while playing game, this is when the most power is need, how old is system and what are other spec's

G

well, the first i checked was the power supply fan and the cpu fan, its running fine, furthermore my room is air-conditioned. I'm running on a pentium II 400 processor with 256 RAM. could the cpu be the problem ?