  • Video
  • Classic
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
July 21, 2005 8:12:48 PM

Got a question..As long as we talking about breakout and Super
Breakout.. I take Super Breakout..hehe

Does anybody know why wasn't Super Zaxxon ported to any Atari consoles??
Thanks,
Mike

More about : super zaxxon ported

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 9:22:02 PM

Michael Smeal wrote:
> Got a question..As long as we talking about breakout and Super
> Breakout.. I take Super Breakout..hehe
>
> Does anybody know why wasn't Super Zaxxon ported to any Atari consoles??
> Thanks,
> Mike

I have Super Zaxxon for the C64 (it's a cart). When I first saw it I
thought it was an atari computer cart... I was very saddened. I'm
surprised it was never made for atari 8-bit (if in fact it wasn't, which
I'm not so sure about).
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 1:05:03 AM

"Michael Smeal" <Msmeal@paonline.com> wrote in message
> Got a question..As long as we talking about breakout and Super
> Breakout.. I take Super Breakout..hehe
>
> Does anybody know why wasn't Super Zaxxon ported to any Atari consoles??
> Thanks,
> Mike

Because Coleco likely had those rights locked up with their Zaxxon contract.

Dane.
Related resources
July 22, 2005 1:14:41 AM

There was a Super Zaxxon released for the Coleco Adam. Not sure how it
compares to the arcade game....
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 3:13:53 AM

MrBiggles <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com> wrote in news:C_WDe.78461$Qo.72282
@fed1read01:

> Michael Smeal wrote:
>> Got a question..As long as we talking about breakout and Super
>> Breakout.. I take Super Breakout..hehe
>>
>> Does anybody know why wasn't Super Zaxxon ported to any Atari
consoles??
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>
> I have Super Zaxxon for the C64 (it's a cart). When I first saw it I
> thought it was an atari computer cart... I was very saddened. I'm
> surprised it was never made for atari 8-bit (if in fact it wasn't,
which
> I'm not so sure about).

An Atari version was programmed and pirated.

Not too good. The playfield looks better, but
it moves slow and your ship looks tiny.
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 2:09:12 PM

"Crock" <delse@comcast.net> wrote in message
> There was a Super Zaxxon released for the Coleco Adam. Not sure how it
> compares to the arcade game....

It wasn't the arcade game. It was a souped up version of Zaxxon originally
designed for the unreleased supergame module.
July 22, 2005 4:06:32 PM

Not sure what you're saying. It's common knowledge that the Super Game
Module morphed in to the Adam. Take away the Adam's printer and
keyboard and you have the Super Game Module. The only thing different
is the Adam casing does not match the early pictures Coleco put out of
the SGM in their advertisements....

As for Coleco's Super Zaxxon, of course it was a souped up version of
Zaxxon (hence the name "Super"). Wasn't the essentially what the
Arcade version of Super Zaxxon was as well???
July 23, 2005 1:05:52 AM

I believe you if you say they are very different. But I just want to
point out that Coleco's Super Zaxxon featured new graphics, enemies,
and levels as well. I'm sure you're already aware of that though....
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:21:59 AM

"Crock" <delse@comcast.net> wrote in news:1122059192.607632.243520
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> As for Coleco's Super Zaxxon, of course it was a souped up version of
> Zaxxon (hence the name "Super"). Wasn't the essentially what the
> Arcade version of Super Zaxxon was as well???

The Coleco "Super" games were closer to the original arcade games.

The Sega coin-op "Super Zaxxon" was a sequel with new graphics, enemies
and levels.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:32:22 AM

"Crock" <delse@comcast.net> wrote in news:1122091552.016136.219050
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I believe you if you say they are very different. But I just want to
> point out that Coleco's Super Zaxxon featured new graphics, enemies,
> and levels as well. I'm sure you're already aware of that though....

Super Zaxxon, the coin-op, included tunnels and the "boss" was
a dragon instead of a robot.
!