Atom Pine Trail Machines Show Up on KND Wesbite

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
with Pine Trail, the integrated graphics and memory controller are integrated into the cpu, basically doing away with the north-bridge chip. so you got a 2-chips setup instead of the 3-chips. it should reduce power consumption somewhat. it's dual-core with slight speed bump from 1.6 to 1.66ghz. don't know if hyperthreading is also enabled. anybody seen any performance reviews, please include the URL. Thanks.

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
the only interest i have in a netbook is if it gives 6+hours of battery life.

if its less than that.. its just a crappy slow laptop.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I'm still waiting for fusion like chips, with enough horsepower and battery life, or SoC solutions that are truly powerful enough for HD playback, and again, more definition on the small screens. I am willing to pay for them, just as people pay for iPhone (which I don't approve of).

[citation][nom]rand_79[/nom]the only interest i have in a netbook is if it gives 6+hours of battery life.if its less than that.. its just a crappy slow laptop.[/citation]
These ones should - in the old Atom setup, the chipset drew significantly more power than the CPU, so the integration of the chipset features into the CPU should significantly lower overall power consumption.

G

2008 Atom was on legacy 3 chip technology. 2010 is a 2 chip ATOM platform on 45nm tech. Q1 2011 is a a single chip Atom platform on 32nm tech (memory, IO,gfx, etc) 2011 is when IA will be truly be competitive with ARM on power consumption. Netbook with Full IA, fan-less CPU & 12 hr charge... below $300... 2012 ATOM single chip SoC with integrated comms (wifi, BT, GPS & 3G or wimax).... now you are talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS