Thrift store find

Tags:
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
July 23, 2005 2:40:18 AM

Today, I found this "package" for $20:

Atari Jaguar system
White men can't jump game (a cart I didn't have)
an Atari Jaguar "Team Tap" Multi player adapter

....and another "multi player adapter", 3rd party, called the "Super
Multi Play" performance. It has four ports, and a Mode 1 / Mode 2
switch. I THINK this is for the Jag.. anyone have any info on this
piece of equipment?

More about : thrift store find

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:11:41 PM

>Today, I found this "package" for $20:
>Atari Jaguar system
>White men can't jump game (a cart I didn't have)
>an Atari Jaguar "Team Tap" Multi player adapter

Nice, I really like the jag, although WMCJ is a terrible game, and I can't
think of any other games that use the Team Tap.

>...and another "multi player adapter", 3rd party, called the "Super
>Multi Play" performance. It has four ports, and a Mode 1 / Mode 2
>switch. I THINK this is for the Jag.. anyone have any info on this
>piece of equipment?

I googled and found something for the Genisis. It should be easy to
check, if it fits a Genny controller, it's for the Genny. If it fits a
Jag controller, it's for the Jag.
--
Jim Leek
jrleek@soda.berkeley.edu

Remember, the Jag controller uses a D-sub mini 15-pin connector (3
rows, 5 pins each - just like a VGA monitor jack), while the Genesis
uses a D-sub 9 (which is roughly the same size, but has only 9 pins -
one row of five and another of four). Like this:

Jaguar controller:
_________________
\ o o o o o /
\ o o o o o /
\ o o o o o /

Genesis Controller:
_________________
\ o o o o o /
\ o o o o /

(diagrams are best viewed with a fixed width font)
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 11:35:05 PM

Thanks, I do belive the Jaguar controller jack also has male
(penetrative) pins that go into the jag, and the Genesis has female
(receptive) holes.
!