Anyone tried Draytek Vigor 2200 USB DSL Router?

G

Just wondering if anyone had any experiences purchasing/using this router... it is designed for use with a USB DSL modem, and is the only model of router available that will work with these. We have 7 computers sharing our DSL connection via internet connection sharing, and would like to switch to a router based sharing solution, so that the entire network doesn't rely on one PC anymore. I assumed we'd have to buy a different DSL modem (non-USB) and go that route, but then I ran across this USB-modem router. Anyone have any positive/negative feedback on this thing?

Info on the router:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/item.asp?pid=427

Thanks,
Ben

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Never used one. Is it usb 2.0 ? That will make a difference if it's not since usb 1 is only like 12Mbps then I would get a ethernet dsl modem.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
It's not ok for the LAN though...

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
that router is usb only? i thought it was just usb to the dsl modem? nothing but usb connecting the computers and the internet connection is terrible!

you shot who in the what now?

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Sure looks like it is according to that site.