[solved] Samsung HD252HJ/Windows 8 consumer preview BSoD

ZeroJ

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Hey guys, i was using my PC just fine, using Windows 8 consumer preview, i turned off the PC, and when i turned it back on in the morning the Windows loads and it gives me the blue screen the 0xc000021a error then it restarts and starts diagnosing the PC but it says "automatic repairs couldn't repair your PC", i tried Troubleshooting i checked the disc through the CMD and everything looks fine no corrupted or bad partitions, then i tired Refreshing it didn't work, i didn't try resetting 'coz i have important files.

I believe that specific code refers to a failed patch install that couldn't be rolled back. Some file that the patch replaced needs to load during startup is corrupted and is causing the computer to bluescreen. Best thing to do would be pull the drive out and attach it to another system. Copy off any important data and then put it back in the original system and reinstall Windows 8.

ZeroJ

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

thanks, that was how i thought i could do it, but it seems that i was able to copy my stuff to an external hard drive using CMD command lines (the xcopy one) in the windows 8 troubleshooting interface, so thanks man
and if anyone has this problem and needs help, i'll gladly post a detailed how to

:D