Diamond Stealth III S540 PLEASE Read -

G

I have a Diamond Stealth III S540 32MB AGP Video Card, and recently I had to reformat my harddrive. When I went to install the Driver with the CD that came with my VidCard it wouldnt install. So I went on the net and Downloaded the recent driver there and runs like [-peep-], really glitchy and slow. I cant find the old driver that comes with the Card when you buy it. Anyone here have or had this VidCard that has the original Driver that came on the CD? I would be willing to buy a copy of the CD Driver, or Download it or something. If you can help me out respond leaving your email or email me at tysonjones8@yahoo.com. I will make it worth your while. Or respond if you got any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks alot.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Dub on 11/19/01 09:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
What's the chipet on it? Try finding a reference driver and see if that works.

Chesnuts roasting on an open CPU
Bill Gates nipping at your wallet

G

Is that the Savage4 thing? If yes, my old comp had that card and I still have the CD-ROM.

Give me your mail address and I can send it to you. But I believe they sucked in WinMe. Can't remember well. Let me check when I get back to home.

<font color=blue>Get a T-Bird...
Impressive CPU + House heater in one package. What do you need more?</font color=blue>

G

Yes it is the Savage 4 pro chipset. Ill Private Message you my Address. THANKS ALot I really didnt want to have to buy a new video card just Cause i cant get a good Driver.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Dub on 11/20/01 01:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
wait a second, is the cd itself messed up, because i have that same card. and i have the driver cd, but i dont know if that is the problem. is the cd readable in the cdrom?
if it isnt, then maybe the cd is messed up, but if it is, then it is something conflicting and making the card not work.
i think i had this problem once, the card wouldnt install correctly...and i ended up being on the phone with diamond's tech support for a couple hours a day, and then ended up flashing the bios on the card. and it worked fine when i did that.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

G

How do you flash the BIOS? Sorry I'm pretty new to building computers.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
It involves a trench coat, and very little else :wink:

Seriously, there are programs for flashing the bios. Many will have you run a DOS boot disk and run the program from there.

Chesnuts roasting on an open CPU
Bill Gates nipping at your wallet