i730 sim in i860

Last response: in Network Providers
October 6, 2004 8:28:09 PM

Hi,

I have a work provided i730 with vanilla service 1100 minutes, Direct
Connect and incoming text messaging and voicemail. No fancy stuff like web
access or phone based texting.

1. Can I add these services on my own dollar without account admin access?

2. If I buy just an i860 phone, can I use my i730 sim in it and be OK?
Will I have all the same vanilla services I have with my i730? Can I still
take pictures and send them around or is there something else I need?

Thanks.

More about : i730 sim i860

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 1:07:59 AM

MAT wrote:

> I have a work provided i730 with vanilla service 1100 minutes, Direct
> Connect and incoming text messaging and voicemail. No fancy stuff like web
> access or phone based texting.
>
> 1. Can I add these services on my own dollar without account admin access?

Likely not.

> 2. If I buy just an i860 phone, can I use my i730 sim in it and be OK?

Generally, yes.

> Will I have all the same vanilla services I have with my i730?

Generally, yes.

> Can I still take pictures and send them around

Take pictures?

--
There was a survey just recently that revealed the following results;

40% of women said they thought their ass was too big.
40% of women said they thought their ass was too little.
20% of women said they didn't care what their ass looked like, they were
going to stay married to him anyway.
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 4:57:59 AM

"MAT" <R3M0VE_marcoat@snotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I have a work provided i730 with vanilla service 1100 minutes, Direct
> Connect and incoming text messaging and voicemail. No fancy stuff
> like web access or phone based texting.
>
> 1. Can I add these services on my own dollar without account admin
> access?
>
> 2. If I buy just an i860 phone, can I use my i730 sim in it and be
> OK? Will I have all the same vanilla services I have with my i730?
> Can I still take pictures and send them around or is there something
> else I need?
>
> Thanks.

You can take pictures and send them around. Image/audio files are $0.35
each to send or receive unless you buy a package. ex. for $10 a month
you get 40 media messages and unlimited text.

I know of no way to seperately bill for data services unless you get a
second line. They start at $6.00 per month, pay-as-you go.
October 8, 2004 3:34:28 PM

You can take pictures and send them around. Image/audio files are $0.35
each to send or receive unless you buy a package. ex. for $10 a month
you get 40 media messages and unlimited text.

I know of no way to seperately bill for data services unless you get a
second line. They start at $6.00 per month, pay-as-you go.

So to send the images, are you limited to only email addresses and
Nextel phones (just the i860 for now), or could you also send them to a
verizon camera phone?

--
vary_disturb
http://cellphoneforums.net

vary_disturb <vary_disturb.1dtgy5@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in

> You can take pictures and send them around. Image/audio files are
> $0.35 each to send or receive unless you buy a package. ex. for $10 a
> month you get 40 media messages and unlimited text.
>
> I know of no way to seperately bill for data services unless you get a
> second line. They start at $6.00 per month, pay-as-you go.
>

> So to send the images, are you limited to only email addresses and
> Nextel phones (just the i860 for now), or could you also send them to
> a verizon camera phone?
>

> --
> vary_disturb
-
> - http://cellphoneforums.net

Right now you have to use a third-party site to send to other providers.
For example: http://www.pixtopix.com/ That particular site doesn't
mention Nextel yet, but it does work with the i860.
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 9:10:06 PM

Edward Hopper <eHopper@gmail.com> wrote in

> vary_disturb <vary_disturb.1dtgy5@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
>

>> You can take pictures and send them around. Image/audio files are
>> $0.35 each to send or receive unless you buy a package. ex. for $10
>> month you get 40 media messages and unlimited text.
>>
>> I know of no way to seperately bill for data services unless you get
>> second line. They start at $6.00 per month, pay-as-you go.
>>

>> So to send the images, are you limited to only email addresses and
>> Nextel phones (just the i860 for now), or could you also send them to
>> a verizon camera phone?
>>

>> --
>> vary_disturb

> -
>> - http://cellphoneforums.net
>> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t149456.html
>>

> Right now you have to use a third-party site to send to other
providers.
> For example: http://www.pixtopix.com/ That particular site doesn't
> mention Nextel yet, but it does work with the i860.

Wrong, if you have a i730 simcard and you stick it in your i860 you
cannot send pictures anywhere. the i730 simcard doesnot support MMS.
you can still take pictures with the phone, but you cannot attach them
to messages and emails and send them to other i860's or email addresses.
beleive me, i tried, and i had to get the i860 sim activated because it
has MMS support on it.
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 9:10:07 PM

Lane Meyer wrote:
> Wrong, if you have a i730 simcard and you stick it in your i860 you
> cannot send pictures anywhere. the i730 simcard doesnot support MMS.
> you can still take pictures with the phone, but you cannot attach them
> to messages and emails and send them to other i860's or email addresses.
> beleive me, i tried, and i had to get the i860 sim activated because it
> has MMS support on it.

Are you sure it's the SIM, or was it just the account attached to the
i730's SIM?

--
Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.
Anonymous

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:27:30 -0700, DevilsPGD <devilspgd@crazyhat.net>
wrote:

>Lane Meyer wrote:
>> Wrong, if you have a i730 simcard and you stick it in your i860 you
>> cannot send pictures anywhere. the i730 simcard doesnot support MMS.
>> you can still take pictures with the phone, but you cannot attach them
>> to messages and emails and send them to other i860's or email addresses.
>> beleive me, i tried, and i had to get the i860 sim activated because it
>> has MMS support on it.
>
>Are you sure it's the SIM, or was it just the account attached to the
>i730's SIM?
It's the SIM, the sim has a field that stores the service center
number. The phones before it don't have the same number stored because
all texts were done through wap and net alerts.
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 8:25:44 AM

Depot cheap wrote:
>>>Wrong, if you have a i730 simcard and you stick it in your i860 you
>>>cannot send pictures anywhere. the i730 simcard doesnot support MMS.
>>>you can still take pictures with the phone, but you cannot attach them
>>>to messages and emails and send them to other i860's or email addresses.
>>>beleive me, i tried, and i had to get the i860 sim activated because it
>>>has MMS support on it.
>>
>>Are you sure it's the SIM, or was it just the account attached to the
>>i730's SIM?
>
> It's the SIM, the sim has a field that stores the service center
> number. The phones before it don't have the same number stored because
> all texts were done through wap and net alerts.

Ahh okay, makes sense.

--
"NEWS SERVERS ARE NOT POWER BY HAMSTERS"
-- rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski