How do you delete old restore points ?

Does anyone know how to delete old restore points please ?

Thanks

Jim
4 answers Last reply
More about delete restore points

    Hi, Jim, turn off System Restore & turn it back on and all your restore
    points will be gone.
    Gerry

    "jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to delete old restore points please ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jim

    Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disc
    Cleanup..............gives the option to delete all but most recent Restore
    Points.
    hth

    dfrog

    "jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to delete old restore points please ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jim

    Okay dokey

    Thanks Gerry and 'frog'

    It has worked - unfortunately it will not let me specify individual points -
    it just wipes em all !

    At least it has cleared up some space

    Thanks again

    Jim

    "Gerry" <seniors@dizzyworld> wrote in message
    > Hi, Jim, turn off System Restore & turn it back on and all your restore
    > points will be gone.
    > Gerry
    >

    > "jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know how to delete old restore points please ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Jim

    Hi Jim,

    There is no option to select individual restore points for removal. Using Disk Clean-up
    will remove all but the most recent. Adjusting the amount of disk space (smaller) System
    Restore uses to store restore points will delete the oldest restore points first on a FIFO
    (first in first out) basis. So you could reduce the amount of disk space used to purge
    older restore points then adjust the size back up.

    You can find tips for adjusting disk space usage in this page.
    Keeping System Restore Healthy
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/healthy.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    jimbo wrote:
    > Okay dokey
    >
    > Thanks Gerry and 'frog'
    >
    > It has worked - unfortunately it will not let me specify
    > individual points - it just wipes em all !
    >
    > At least it has cleared up some space
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > Jim
    >

    > "Gerry" <seniors@dizzyworld> wrote in message
    >> Hi, Jim, turn off System Restore & turn it back on and
    >> all your restore points will be gone.
    >> Gerry
    >>

    >> "jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know how to delete old restore points
    >>> please ? Thanks
    >>>
    >>> Jim

Support Microsoft Windows XP