How do you delete old restore points ?

August 23, 2005 1:56:51 AM

Does anyone know how to delete old restore points please ?

Thanks

Jim

More about : delete restore points

August 23, 2005 1:56:52 AM

Hi, Jim, turn off System Restore & turn it back on and all your restore
points will be gone.
Gerry

"jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
news:D SrOe.13$8D.8@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> Does anyone know how to delete old restore points please ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 3:33:59 AM

Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disc
Cleanup..............gives the option to delete all but most recent Restore
Points.
hth

dfrog

"jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
news:D SrOe.13$8D.8@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> Does anyone know how to delete old restore points please ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Related resources
August 23, 2005 8:50:40 PM

Okay dokey

Thanks Gerry and 'frog'

It has worked - unfortunately it will not let me specify individual points -
it just wipes em all !

At least it has cleared up some space

Thanks again

Jim

"Gerry" <seniors@dizzyworld> wrote in message
> Hi, Jim, turn off System Restore & turn it back on and all your restore
> points will be gone.
> Gerry
>

> "jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
> news:D SrOe.13$8D.8@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
>> Does anyone know how to delete old restore points please ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jim

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 1:12:47 PM

Hi Jim,

There is no option to select individual restore points for removal. Using Disk Clean-up
will remove all but the most recent. Adjusting the amount of disk space (smaller) System
Restore uses to store restore points will delete the oldest restore points first on a FIFO
(first in first out) basis. So you could reduce the amount of disk space used to purge
older restore points then adjust the size back up.

You can find tips for adjusting disk space usage in this page.
Keeping System Restore Healthy
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/healthy.html

--
Regards,