  • Boot
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 22, 2005 8:13:02 PM

whenever I startup my computer the machine goes through all the normal
routines put the the shortcuts on screen etc, however the last thing it does
is open up the sys 32 file on my desktop, can anyone help?

More about : sys file opening boot

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 9:57:02 PM

see #260 on right

hope this helps..
j;-)

"armourexe" wrote:

> whenever I startup my computer the machine goes through all the normal
> routines put the the shortcuts on screen etc, however the last thing it does
> is open up the sys 32 file on my desktop, can anyone help?
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 10:55:33 PM

Please provide more specific details. Is it a Windows Explorer folder, or what? Is there a title bar on that window? What does it say?
And do you mean it opens Windows Explorer at folder %windir%\System32 ?

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

armourexe wrote:
> whenever I startup my computer the machine goes through all the normal
> routines put the the shortcuts on screen etc, however the last thing
> it does is open up the sys 32 file on my desktop, can anyone help?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:51:05 AM

armourexe Wrote:
> whenever I startup my computer the machine goes through all the normal
> routines put the the shortcuts on screen etc, however the last thing it
> does
> is open up the sys 32 file on my desktop, can anyone help?

Sorry to say buddy but think you got a nasty virus. That file, as I've
searched for it, is not required and is a sign of a virus, spyware or
resource hogger. Your best bet is to run spyware programs and do a
complete system scan with a virus scanner to hopefully get it removed.
Best of luck.

--
Evolution54
Anonymous

hi thanks for replying the computer goes though normal boot up, then it open
a window labelled "system 32" from the windows xp files