2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Battery life isn't really a top priority.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
The only games I'm really into is sports games such as NBA 2K13, which I don't think should require crazy specs. However it would be nice to have the option of playing BF3 on medium/semi high graphics.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photoshop and video editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not a big factor for me since I have a ton of external HDDs.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years... maybe more.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not picky on brands at all.
13. What country do you live in?
I've been looking at the Inspiron 15R Special edition from Dell Outlets (refurb)... its $642 with tax. Here are the specs:
6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW Drive)
Processor: Intel Core 3rd Generation i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz 3M Cache, up to 3.10GHz)
Intel Centrino Wireless 2230, 2x2 bgn + Bluetooth
750 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2GB
15.6 Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display
6 Cell Lithium-Ion Primary Battery