I'm having trouble with USB devices.
I've got 2 devices, that work on 90% of machines.
One is a USB 2.0 stick and the other is an MP3 player (Benq Joybee
120).

For some reason tehy both will NOT work on some machines.
I'm lost as to why??

For example, I have a brand new Dell P4 2.8 XP2 service pack installed
and all other updates fully uptodate.
It just won't work on this machine.
The MP3 Player turns off when connected.
(On this machine, the USB stick does work.)

On another machine, a brand new Fujitsu Siemenns machine, P4 2.8, XP2
service pack and everything else installed... the USB stick WON'T work!
(Haven't tried MP3 player.)

Funny thing is... I have another Fujitsu Siemmens, exactly same spec...
the USB stick will work fine.

What's happening!
What am I doing wrong??

Is this a hardware problem??

Thanks.

OM

Try opening system properties,hardware,device mgr,scroll down to usb,
R.click on the controller,select update drivers.