Sign in with
Your question

How do I turn off the fn function on my samsung laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 3, 2013 10:43:27 PM

I have a brand new Samsung 3 series laptop, seems my FN key is stuck, all "fn" keys work as if I am holding it, however I can not get it reversed. Any idea on what to do? I tried to hold down fn and f11 ad it did not work.
March 3, 2013 11:00:33 PM

Try going into the BIOS and disabling the FN always on function. It will be called something like that.
m
l
March 3, 2013 11:31:21 PM

avacadobread said:
Try going into the BIOS and disabling the FN always on function. It will be called something like that.

Where do I find BIOS?
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2013 8:59:32 AM

You see the BIOS option when booting your computer. It's the first thing you see, probably a huge SAMSUNG logo on the screen. Rapidly press F2 a few times when viewing this screen and the BIOS menu should open up in a few seconds.
m
l
March 15, 2013 12:47:49 PM

You have FUNCTION LOCK key which is situated to right of the F12 key - top row.
m
l
July 2, 2013 12:20:48 PM

tone101 said:

I do say a big thanks. Even if the answer might have been obvious (for those who knows of FN lock key) this is one of the best straight answers I found on the internet for a while - and a very helpful one when you get annoyed why your brand new Samsung laptop has problems with a key ....

m
l
November 15, 2013 4:24:50 AM

tone101 said:

I feel stupid now....

m
l
March 18, 2014 9:55:03 PM

I am using an old Samsung N150 Netbook and on this the F11 key has the Fn key lock. This thread proved really useful.
Thanks
m
l
May 8, 2014 2:52:57 PM

tone101 said:

WOW.

Feeling "stupid" ain't the half of it for me. almost 2 years I've had to deal with this perplexing issue ... only a reboot allowed me to reset it.

OMG.

You have no idea how dumb I feel. Thank you so much (I mean that graciously, btw, cause it solved my problem. I feel sooo dumb... but liberated).

m
l
!