When I double click a file folder on the right hand side of an explorer
window, instead of opening the file folder it opens a search window. A
friend messed with the file assocations and I think he changed something.
How can I fix it?

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Try this link..
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

"retmiagt" <retmiagt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I double click a file folder on the right hand side of an explorer
> window, instead of opening the file folder it opens a search window. A
> friend messed with the file assocations and I think he changed something.
> How can I fix it?

Thanks Ricky that worked great. Appreciate your time and effort. Best wishes.

"Ricky" wrote:

> Try this link..
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm
>
> "retmiagt" <retmiagt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I double click a file folder on the right hand side of an explorer
> > window, instead of opening the file folder it opens a search window. A
> > friend messed with the file assocations and I think he changed something.
> > How can I fix it?

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003