cd rom/burner drive hath vanished!

to my computer recently crashed and i had to do a system restore...really
bad. lost like everything i ever cherished. well, sent it to the shop, got it
back, and now i can't find my cd rom/rw drive anywhere. it'll open and close
but it wont read anything and its not listed anywhere. please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about burner drive hath vanished

    See if this helps..
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

    "myangelofmusic06" <myangelofmusic06@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:3AA61014-6017-4EAB-88C9-EA8269A49FC2@microsoft.com...
    > to my computer recently crashed and i had to do a system restore...really
    > bad. lost like everything i ever cherished. well, sent it to the shop, got
    > it
    > back, and now i can't find my cd rom/rw drive anywhere. it'll open and
    > close
    > but it wont read anything and its not listed anywhere. please help.

Burner CD-Rom Windows XP