Hello guys. I'm replacing my HP DV4 laptop for various reasons. I do not care at all about the hard drive or the RAM because I have a 250GB Samsung 840 laying around and I'm taking my Seagate Momentus XT out of the DV4 to put in my new laptop.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I'm going to want a bigger screen (17" probably)
3. What screen resolution do you want?
I'm not a big screen guy so 1600x900 is fine
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I'm going to need a desktop replacement laptop.
5. How much battery life do you need?
I'm not really going to take it off the charger much, so battery life is not important.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I'm looking to play Far Cry 3 (Low), Black Ops 2 (Medium), Borderlands 2 (High), and pretty much any new games that come out.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Gaming and Internet browsing. I might do some video editing from time to time but nothing to advanced.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I have a Seagate Momentous XT which I'm going to be using so the hard drive does not matter
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as I can.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not important at all.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'll buy from anyone but HP. They're high performance laptops overheat.