help with help and support

I try to click on help and support to restore my computer to an earlier
restore point for certain reasons (read my other question in here for
specifics) and a window comes up that states Windows cannot find helpctr.exe
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a
file, to search for a file, click the start button, and then click search. I
ytry to click on search but there is nothing but a line to the right of the
arrow.
Whats going on here???
Any help from anyone.
Please.
thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about help support

    Try launching helpctr.exe using it's full path from Start, Run:

    %windir%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\HelpCtr.exe

    To fix the Start Menu link, see:

    "Help and Support" link from Start Menu does not work:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmenuhelp.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "crash&burn" <crashburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I try to click on help and support to restore my computer to an earlier
    > restore point for certain reasons (read my other question in here for
    > specifics) and a window comes up that states Windows cannot find
    > helpctr.exe
    > Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for
    > file, to search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.
    > ytry to click on search but there is nothing but a line to the right of
    > the
    > arrow.
    > Whats going on here???
    > Any help from anyone.