help with help and support

August 23, 2005 12:01:02 AM

I try to click on help and support to restore my computer to an earlier
restore point for certain reasons (read my other question in here for
specifics) and a window comes up that states Windows cannot find helpctr.exe
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a
file, to search for a file, click the start button, and then click search. I
ytry to click on search but there is nothing but a line to the right of the
arrow.
Whats going on here???
Any help from anyone.
Please.
thank you.

More about : support

Anonymous
August 23, 2005 1:30:09 PM

Try launching helpctr.exe using it's full path from Start, Run:

%windir%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\HelpCtr.exe

To fix the Start Menu link, see:

"Help and Support" link from Start Menu does not work:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmenuhelp.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User