UPC barcodes for sega and nintendo products?

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
August 19, 2005 4:22:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

Does anyone have a spreadsheet or database of the barcode products mappings?
I've been thinking of implementing a collection database, and thought it
would be an excellent way to quickly enter items by scanning them in.
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 4:22:20 PM

John wrote:
> Does anyone have a spreadsheet or database of the barcode products mappings?
> I've been thinking of implementing a collection database, and thought it
> would be an excellent way to quickly enter items by scanning them in.

Good if you have the box, but what if it's cart only?
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 7:10:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

In article <DToNe.3219$ct5.1848@fed1read04>,
MrBiggles <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com> wrote:

> John wrote:
> > Does anyone have a spreadsheet or database of the barcode products
> > mappings?
> > I've been thinking of implementing a collection database, and thought it
> > would be an excellent way to quickly enter items by scanning them in.
>
> Good if you have the box, but what if it's cart only?

UPC's were not commonplace until sometime in the 80's. Many if not most
Atari games will not have one, and I don't think there are any for
Arcadia, Intellivision, O^2, Bally, Micorvision or any pong ever made.
CV, 5200 and anything per-NES are questionable.

jt
August 22, 2005 12:23:18 PM

"MrBiggles" <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D ToNe.3219$ct5.1848@fed1read04...
> John wrote:
>> Does anyone have a spreadsheet or database of the barcode products
>> mappings? I've been thinking of implementing a collection database, and
>> thought it would be an excellent way to quickly enter items by scanning
>> them in.
>
> Good if you have the box, but what if it's cart only?

Then at least I can hopefully search for the item in the list.
I'm more a megadrive collector, which mostly come with boxes.
!