Solved

Slow A$$ boot times!!

Cans omeone plz give me some tips on how to speed up the boot time of my windows 7 system. :pfff:
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about slow boot times
  1. List specs of your slow A$$ system?
  2. amd dual core 7750 black edition oc'd at 3.3 bhz,m gtx 460 768 mb, 160 gb 7200 rpm drive,850 watt nzxt poser supply,gigabyte mobo
  3. Best answer
  4. sooo i need a better hard drive? because i have hardly any programs on startup just avg and wpn111 wich is my wireless netgear. its not a ridiculous slow time but it has never been this bad....... i think i might neeed a new processor eventually
  5. Best answer selected by urbansaint.
  6. Well, try clicking Start>acessories>Run. Type msconfig and then enter. On the Startup tab 'uncheck' All and reboot. Only the programs needed to run the OS will load on restart. Also, load up the latest MB system drivers listed on the MB's online product page.
  7. In BIOS there may be a 'quick boot' option. Enabling that would skip the BIOS checking the system RAM and other functions every time you boot the system.
  8. urbansaint said:
    sooo i need a better hard drive? because i have hardly any programs on startup just avg and wpn111 wich is my wireless netgear. its not a ridiculous slow time but it has never been this bad....... i think i might neeed a new processor eventually

Be sure to check for the latest driver available for the wireless adapter.

A couple of other things that could make a difference. From Start menu open Command Prompt. type in sfc /scannow and enter. This is the system file checker that will repair any errant files it finds on the system. Also download and install CCleaner and run the cleanup and registry sweep. Get that princess running smooth... :lol:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
  9. thanks man i have been using ccleaner for years and love it but thankyou so much for all your help !!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Boot Product