Joe

I am learning Hebrew, God willing, and would like to use the following
website. (It's the OT in a Hebrew font.)

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/ipb-e/tanach/ipbe-tn.html

I followed the instructions included with the .exe file but they were
written for Netscape Navigator but I use Mozilla's Firefox 1.0.6. My OS is
WinXP Pro on a 3 GHz machine.

Here are the instrcutions in case they are actually useful to me...

==========================

Contents of zip file:

wehad.ttf Truetype font in the Helvetica/David style
(proportional)
wehm.ttf Truetype font in the Courier/Shalom Stick style
(fixed space)

wehad___.pfm Adobe Type 1 font - Helvetica/David style
(proportional)
wehad___.pfb
wehad___.afm
wehad___.inf
wehad___.cfg

wehm____.pfm Adobe Type 1 font - Courier/Shalom Stick style
(fixed space)
wehm____.pfb
wehm____.afm
wehm____.inf
wehm____.cfg

Send comments and corrections to rcarlson@apple.tchk.com

Netscape installation guide:
----------------------------

1) download webfont.zip to your PC.
2) CD to your WINDOWS SYSTEM directory. e.g. C:>CD \WINDOWS\SYSTEM
3) zip this file. e.g. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM> PKUNZIP
\TEMP\WEBFONT.zip
4) at Windows, run the Control Panel application (located at Main group)
5) click Fonts icon, and click the Install Font button. Down at the
bottom you
should find the Web Hebrew AD and Web Hebrew Monospace. Select them
both (use
SHIFT), and Install them. (You should see them now at your fonts list).
6) click Close button and return/start Netscape.
7) inside Netscape at Options menu , choose Preferences... and make the
headline at the top say: Styles.
8) click the Change Proportional Font button, and choose Web Hebrew AD
Euro.
click the Change Fixed Font button and choose Web Hebrew Monospace
Euro.
9) click all OK buttons you find,
10) chage the Home Page Location, URL box to:
http://snunit.huji.ac.il/snunit/

==========================

Thanks in advance for any help you may give me. (Oh, and no, the "Help" file
wasn't helpful.)

--
joe
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

Why would you ask about a competing product in a microsoft group. Ask in firefox. Any windows specific instructions (which are arse about in your blurb) can be found in Windows help.

"joe" <sweet430@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ufPVpU5pFHA.3108@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I am learning Hebrew, God willing, and would like to use the following
> website. (It's the OT in a Hebrew font.)
>
> http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/ipb-e/tanach/ipbe-tn.html
>
> I followed the instructions included with the .exe file but they were
> written for Netscape Navigator but I use Mozilla's Firefox 1.0.6. My OS is
> WinXP Pro on a 3 GHz machine.
>
> Here are the instrcutions in case they are actually useful to me...
>
> ==========================
>
> Contents of zip file:
>
> wehad.ttf Truetype font in the Helvetica/David style
> (proportional)
> wehm.ttf Truetype font in the Courier/Shalom Stick style
> (fixed space)
>

> wehad___.pfm Adobe Type 1 font - Helvetica/David style
> (proportional)
> wehad___.pfb
> wehad___.afm
> wehad___.inf
> wehad___.cfg
>
> wehm____.pfm Adobe Type 1 font - Courier/Shalom Stick style
> (fixed space)
> wehm____.pfb
> wehm____.afm
> wehm____.inf
> wehm____.cfg
>
> Send comments and corrections to rcarlson@apple.tchk.com
>
> Netscape installation guide:
> ----------------------------
>
> 1) download webfont.zip to your PC.
> 2) CD to your WINDOWS SYSTEM directory. e.g. C:>CD \WINDOWS\SYSTEM
> 3) zip this file. e.g. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM> PKUNZIP
> \TEMP\WEBFONT.zip
> 4) at Windows, run the Control Panel application (located at Main group)
> 5) click Fonts icon, and click the Install Font button. Down at the
> bottom you
> should find the Web Hebrew AD and Web Hebrew Monospace. Select them
> both (use
> SHIFT), and Install them. (You should see them now at your fonts list).
> 6) click Close button and return/start Netscape.
> 7) inside Netscape at Options menu , choose Preferences... and make the
> headline at the top say: Styles.
> 8) click the Change Proportional Font button, and choose Web Hebrew AD
> Euro.
> click the Change Fixed Font button and choose Web Hebrew Monospace
> Euro.
> 9) click all OK buttons you find,
> 10) chage the Home Page Location, URL box to:
> http://snunit.huji.ac.il/snunit/
>
> ==========================
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you may give me. (Oh, and no, the "Help" file
> wasn't helpful.)
>
> --
> joe
> http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

Joe

In order to install the font you have to use the Control Panel.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> [...]

> bottom you
> should find the Web Hebrew AD and Web Hebrew Monospace. Select them
> both (use
> SHIFT), and Install them. (You should see them now at your fonts
> list).
> 6) click Close button and return/start Netscape.
> 7) inside Netscape at Options menu , choose Preferences... and make the
> headline at the top say: Styles.
> 8) click the Change Proportional Font button, and choose Web Hebrew AD
> Euro.
> click the Change Fixed Font button and choose Web Hebrew Monospace
> Euro.
> 9) click all OK buttons you find,
> 10) chage the Home Page Location, URL box to:
> http://snunit.huji.ac.il/snunit/

> Thanks in advance for any help you may give me. (Oh, and no, the "Help"

This answer was posted on alt.mozilla.fan and worked as easily as it is to
understand.