AMD 1600 XP with Geforce 3 Ti500

G

After looking through a few different communities I've decided that this one has the best collection of people that really get in and help their fellow techies!
(You can keep the straw with that suck.. lol)
Anyways.. here's the system and the problem:
AMD 1600 XP
Leadtek GeForce3 Ti500
256 Meg DDR Ram
EPoX 8KHA+ VIA KT266A Motherboard

Just doesn't seem to be running to its potential.. My 3dMark2001 score was orignally 4500 - I changed the processor clock speed in the bios and on the motherboard from 100 to 133 - and installed the 22.80 detonator drivers. That bumped the score up to 6293.
I saw a guide saying it was safe to overclock the GF3 to a graphics clock speed of 260 and a memory clock speed of 560 without needing an extra fan - that pushed the score up to 6494.

The average score for my system (for other users) for 3dmark2001 is approximately another 1000 more than that.

The main problem I noticed in the 3dmark tests was the vertex shader speed. I only got 16.5 FPS when other results for my system average around 51 or more.

Can anyone suggest anything that may be causing this problem? (Paying as much as I have for a GF3 I'd like to get it's full potential as you can well imagine!!).

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

PS 3Dmark also doesn't seem to detect my motherboard - could this be a problem?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm, do you have 4X AGP enabled as well as fast writes? Also how large is your AGP aperture?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

4X AGL is enabled - AGP Aperture is 64MB (should this be 32?)

Fast writes is enabled too

G

it seemed to be the Aperture size.. I had it set at 64MB instead of 128MB.. the test with all the little men running around shooting each other (I think it's the vertex shader test) now runs properly. Instead of about 15FPS, I get about 50.

However now 3dMark is crashing again - it will do a couple of tests then say something about not having enough memory for fullscreen mode or something. So I can't find out a new score

It still doesn't seem to recognise the motherboard in 3dMark either.. not that I'm particularly worried about that.

Any suggestions on the next step? (Thanks to those that have helped out so far).

Anthony

PS I'm running Win ME