I have an alert in the sygate log about mac spoofing. What is this and what
do i do about it? Also, when I did ipconfig /all i see the DEVICE has ip
address of 192.168.0.1 with corresponding subnet and gateway etc. Yet in the
properties of the LAN connection the LAN and the adsl LAN is set to dhcp. Why
is there this anomaly?

OK, first it's my opinion that networking is actually just magic, and that
mere mortals cannot understand it :)

But seriously, as I understand it, on your internal network DHCP will set
the IP addresses for you. In this case it's set your device to be 192.168.0.1

So, I don't think that it's an anomoly - it's just 2 different ways of
saying the same thing (also, it could be using DHCP for the external IP
address from your ISP).

"nodoz" wrote:

> I have an alert in the sygate log about mac spoofing. What is this and what
> do i do about it? Also, when I did ipconfig /all i see the DEVICE has ip
> address of 192.168.0.1 with corresponding subnet and gateway etc. Yet in the
> properties of the LAN connection the LAN and the adsl LAN is set to dhcp. Why
> is there this anomaly?

What I want to know is the mac spoofing going on here because of the modem
needing to spoof out the mac address of the NIC; and why would this be so. Or
am I being hacked and my machine taken over by cyberbots.