I keep getting DSO Exploit problem found when I run Spybot search and
destroy. Anyone know how I can stop this? Im running Windows XP Home Edition.
Dave

This is Microsofts own spyware. The latest version of Sypbot Search and
Destroy should remove these objects. They are in the registry. You can remove
them manually if you are comfortable using regedit. Click on each one and you
will see the location in the registery. Double clicking should open up
regedit at the place whre they are. You now have to create a DWORD with the
same name and give it a value of 3. If this is double dutch to you then don't
try it. Just sit back, relax and let Microsoft spy on you. Why not, they've
already picked your pocket.

"dowtyman" wrote:

> I keep getting DSO Exploit problem found when I run Spybot search and
> destroy. Anyone know how I can stop this? Im running Windows XP Home Edition.
> Dave

Is your Windows all up-to-date with security & critical updates from MS Windows Update?
Is your copy of Spybot current with definitions?

I urge you to see this archived post at Google on a very similar Spybot message (short link follows)
http://tinyurl.com/dsb9d

A couple of suggestions.
See & repost to MS group at microsoft.public.security

See The Parasite Fight Quick Fix Protocol at <http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm>

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

In article <55C8EE52-02F2-418B-A432-DE8D95ED956B@microsoft.com>,
dowtyman@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I keep getting DSO Exploit problem found when I run Spybot search and
> destroy. Anyone know how I can stop this? Im running Windows XP Home Edition.

If you go to the SBS&D site you would find that it's a common error that
they have a patch for, in addition, searching google would show answers
and give you a better understanding of it.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

You need the latest version of Spybot

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

In article <PfIOe.345$sV7.191@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> You need the latest version of Spybot
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Do not download from this spammers website, you should never download
from any site other than reputable ones - you can get SpyBot for free
and in a secure/virus free version directly from the vendor at:

I've reported the unauthorized distribution from buttheads site.

--

dowtyman wrote:
> I keep getting DSO Exploit problem found when I run Spybot search and
> destroy. Anyone know how I can stop this? Im running Windows XP Home Edition.
> Dave

The DSO exploit was patched long ago by IE Cumulative Update
MS02-015, in March of 2002. If you've installed this specific patch,
or any subsequent IE Cumulative Updates, IE Service Pack 1, or WinXP
SP2, you're safe. It would appear that the latest version of SpyBot
S&D is only checking for Internet zone settings in the registry that
could be used as work-around protection, and not for the presence of
any corrective patches. Hopefully, the makers of SpyBot will soon fix
this bug.

MS02-015 March 28, 2002 Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319182

If you like, you can test your system for this particular
vulnerability at this web site:
http://www.grey.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/

The makers of SpyBot S&D have acknowledged the problem and will
fix it on their next update:
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=paragraphs&detail=currentfaqs

In the meantime, in SpyBot S&D, click Mode > Advanced > Settings >
Ignore Products > Security > DSO Exploit, to turn off the false alarm.

Some people have reported that the SpyBot Detection rules dated 30
Aug 04, or newer, when used with SpyBot S&D 1.3.1TX, will fix this
problem. However, I've had inconsistent results with that particular
detection update; sometimes it reads clean, then later it will once
again find the DSO problem, and then it will read clean again, all on
the same machine, with no other changes made.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Silentradar wrote:
> This is Microsofts own spyware.

If you don't know the answer, why don't you just say so, rather than
spouting a very transparent lie?

> The latest version of Sypbot Search and
> Destroy should remove these objects.

There's nothing to remove. It's a false alarm.

> They are in the registry.

No! Really?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

In article <RSLOe.880$rS4.523@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> If you really think that www.pcbutts1.com is the only site that I own you
> are much more dumber then I thought.

"much more dumber" that really says a lot about you.

Why would I care how many sites you own or have - in case you missed the
intent, that was a statement, not a question.

No one cares about you or your sites, what people care about is that the
software you show from your site is already available on the vendors
sites and official MIRRORS - that they control it's authenticity. Hech,
the site you posted the link for doesn't even have a list, doesn't have
a disclaimers page, doesn't have a link for the vendor, doesn't carry
anything to indicate that you didn't just take the file and put it on
your server without their permission. Talk about underhanded and
unethical, not to mention your lack of credibility in any Usenet group
I've seen you post in.

Last time I read something like this from you, you said you were given
the source code and permission to make it all available - something
tells me that SBS&D didn't do that - and we'll find out, I emailed Pat
to ask and to give him your link.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Rodney

bruce chambers you can get the latest release of Spybot from
'download.cnet.com'.
It seems to correct the entries of all 5 DSO EXPLOIT messages you are
getting and as well as the problems with your norton message of turning off
your firewall as well as the virus scanning detection message. I was getting
the same results as you and cleaning out the old version of Spybot and
downloading the new version seem to do the trick. good luck. Rodney Bellanger