Cingular Vs. Nextel

I'm looking for new cell service.

I was wondering if anyone can help give me a comparison and their
thoughts on Cingular Vs. Nextel. I want to know it all. Dropped calls,
coverage, customer service, etc.

Both have services I like and there is little overlap.

I do plan to use this around Albany County (and surrounding area's)
and Sullivan County (and surrounding area's) of New York.

Please be honest. I don't want to get screwed like I did with Verizon.

Thank you,

TC
1 answer Last reply
More about cingular nextel
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I don't know anything about NY, but in central Georgia, NEXTEL is MUCH
    better in all of those areas. My wife and I had used Cingular/BellSouth
    Mobility since 1996. When I got a NEXTEL phone through the Police Dept., we
    dropped Cingular quickly. The only SNAFU was that it took 2 weeks to port
    our numbers. This was apparently a problem on Cingular's end. Hope this
    helps!

    ALW

    "TC" <fake@fake.fak> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for new cell service.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone can help give me a comparison and their
    > thoughts on Cingular Vs. Nextel. I want to know it all. Dropped calls,
    > coverage, customer service, etc.
    >
    > Both have services I like and there is little overlap.
    >
    > I do plan to use this around Albany County (and surrounding area's)
    > and Sullivan County (and surrounding area's) of New York.
    >
    > Please be honest. I don't want to get screwed like I did with Verizon.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > TC

Nextel County Cingular Internet Service Providers