I just installed Windows XP Media Center Edition on my new Compaq Presario
R4000 laptop. Right after I did this I also installed Windows XP Service
Pack 2. After this I proceeded to install all the drivers for the computer
and I started getting a message box that goes something like this:

"ikernel.exe could not be launched
RPC Server is unavailable"

I know RPC is Remote Procedure Call so I looked it up on Control Panel >
Services and it's set up exactly like the one on my other XP box. So is RPC
locator. If I double click RPC service and hit the Dependencies tab I alse
get the "RPC server is unavailable". How do I fix this?

Also, IE6 doesn't work. I get the red X where the IE icon is supposed to be
on the start menu.
--
Sergio Florez M.
Medellín, Colombia

I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem but I forgot to
mention that my CPU is a 64bit Athlon.

--
Sergio Florez M.
Medellín, Colombia