Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

WTB: Atari 5200 parts, games, etc.

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 9:21:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Not sure if this is the right newsgroup for this, so if
not, please be kind and direct me to the right place.

I'm looking for a couple of Atari 5200 parts, games, etc.

- Decent looking Atari 5200 4-port base. Mine has some
missing parts (cosmetic) and I'd like to find a donor
unit, so mine looks nice again. Heck, it doesn't
even need to have electronics inside!

- Atari 5200 4-port switch box (working)

- Numerous carts
- Numerous manuals
- Numerous boxes

Yes, I've seen these on ebay, but folks insist on
outbidding me or including these with a ton of cartridges
I don't need (please don't give me a lecture about
bidding more, this is the way it is, etc., since I only
have so much to spend).

If you have any of the above, please let me know.

Scott C.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:04:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:21:36 GMT, Scott Caldwell
<lscottcaldwell@excite.com> wrote:

>Not sure if this is the right newsgroup for this, so if
>not, please be kind and direct me to the right place.
>
>I'm looking for a couple of Atari 5200 parts, games, etc.
>
>- Decent looking Atari 5200 4-port base. Mine has some
> missing parts (cosmetic) and I'd like to find a donor
> unit, so mine looks nice again. Heck, it doesn't
> even need to have electronics inside!
>
>- Atari 5200 4-port switch box (working)
>
>- Numerous carts
>- Numerous manuals
>- Numerous boxes
>
>Yes, I've seen these on ebay, but folks insist on
>outbidding me or including these with a ton of cartridges
>I don't need (please don't give me a lecture about
>bidding more, this is the way it is, etc., since I only
>have so much to spend).
>
>If you have any of the above, please let me know.


I'm looking for a good working 4 port motherboard. I'm in the
opposite situation as you, my case is mint right down to the pink film
still on the metal portion.

If you find another system and want to sell the working motherboard
for a reasonable price please let me know. No matter what, it seems
like there is always one person out there that outbids me on the bare
systems. Do you ever get the feeling that if you didn't bid on it,
the jackass that bid against you wouldn't have even bothered?

George
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 3:19:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Why not do what i did, just go to Best Electronic website and order an
Retrofit motherboard and put it in with Retrofit you don't need to worry
about the* if you want to use the 2600 adaptor.

Mike

Turbo-Torch wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:21:36 GMT, Scott Caldwell
><lscottcaldwell@excite.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>I'm looking for a good working 4 port motherboard. I'm in the
>opposite situation as you, my case is mint right down to the pink film
>still on the metal portion.
>
>If you find another system and want to sell the working motherboard
>for a reasonable price please let me know. No matter what, it seems
>like there is always one person out there that outbids me on the bare
>systems. Do you ever get the feeling that if you didn't bid on it,
>the jackass that bid against you wouldn't have even bothered?
>
>George
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 8:56:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Yeh, I've been trying to buy one, but ever single
one I bid on gets sniped! It's really starting to
irritate me. There are a several of systems I'm
going to bid on and at least two of them having
working MB, so I'll be happy to send one your way
(just don't bid against me!).

I'm also looking for a fair # of carts, boxes,
manuals, etc. if you have any you want to trade
or sell at a reasonable price. I just updated
my site (long overdue) to show what I have
currently.

http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/hills/2408/atari...

Scott C.

Turbo-Torch wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:21:36 GMT, Scott Caldwell
> <lscottcaldwell@excite.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Not sure if this is the right newsgroup for this, so if
>>not, please be kind and direct me to the right place.
>>
>>I'm looking for a couple of Atari 5200 parts, games, etc.
>>
>>- Decent looking Atari 5200 4-port base. Mine has some
>> missing parts (cosmetic) and I'd like to find a donor
>> unit, so mine looks nice again. Heck, it doesn't
>> even need to have electronics inside!
>>
>>- Atari 5200 4-port switch box (working)
>>
>>- Numerous carts
>>- Numerous manuals
>>- Numerous boxes
>>
>>Yes, I've seen these on ebay, but folks insist on
>>outbidding me or including these with a ton of cartridges
>>I don't need (please don't give me a lecture about
>>bidding more, this is the way it is, etc., since I only
>>have so much to spend).
>>
>>If you have any of the above, please let me know.
>
>
>
> I'm looking for a good working 4 port motherboard. I'm in the
> opposite situation as you, my case is mint right down to the pink film
> still on the metal portion.
>
> If you find another system and want to sell the working motherboard
> for a reasonable price please let me know. No matter what, it seems
> like there is always one person out there that outbids me on the bare
> systems. Do you ever get the feeling that if you didn't bid on it,
> the jackass that bid against you wouldn't have even bothered?
>
> George
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:37:43 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 04:56:57 GMT, Scott Caldwell
<lscottcaldwell@excite.com> wrote:

>Yeh, I've been trying to buy one, but ever single
>one I bid on gets sniped! It's really starting to
>irritate me. There are a several of systems I'm
>going to bid on and at least two of them having
>working MB, so I'll be happy to send one your way
>(just don't bid against me!).
>
>I'm also looking for a fair # of carts, boxes,
>manuals, etc. if you have any you want to trade
>or sell at a reasonable price. I just updated
>my site (long overdue) to show what I have
>currently.
>
>http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/hills/2408/atari...
>
>Scott C.


Cool, let me know if you get one and we'll work something out.

When I started collecting, the 5200's were dime-a-dozen in the thrift
stores. I had several spares and ended up selling them off in here
figuring I'd never have the need for one.
Few months back I went to hook it up, grabbed the "Atari" power supply
and plugged it in....woops it was a freakin disk drive power supply.
Replaced several fried components but there's still something wrong
with the electronic on/off switching portion where I have to hot wire
it to get it to turn on.

George
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 7:30:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

There are a couple of units on ebay now, so I'm
going to bid on both, will hopefully win and we'll
get something worked out.

Scott C.

Turbo-Torch wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 04:56:57 GMT, Scott Caldwell
> <lscottcaldwell@excite.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Yeh, I've been trying to buy one, but ever single
>>one I bid on gets sniped! It's really starting to
>>irritate me. There are a several of systems I'm
>>going to bid on and at least two of them having
>>working MB, so I'll be happy to send one your way
>>(just don't bid against me!).
>>
>>I'm also looking for a fair # of carts, boxes,
>>manuals, etc. if you have any you want to trade
>>or sell at a reasonable price. I just updated
>>my site (long overdue) to show what I have
>>currently.
>>
>>http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/hills/2408/atari...
>>
>>Scott C.
>
>
>
> Cool, let me know if you get one and we'll work something out.
>
> When I started collecting, the 5200's were dime-a-dozen in the thrift
> stores. I had several spares and ended up selling them off in here
> figuring I'd never have the need for one.
> Few months back I went to hook it up, grabbed the "Atari" power supply
> and plugged it in....woops it was a freakin disk drive power supply.
> Replaced several fried components but there's still something wrong
> with the electronic on/off switching portion where I have to hot wire
> it to get it to turn on.
>
> George
>
September 14, 2011 4:26:16 AM

I have a basicaly brand new atari 5200, in the orginal box and stuff. If
Your interested let me know at my email. Skater3581@gmail.com
!