Hell NFS HP2

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
When are they "EA" going to fix this? stuttering game even on R9700 PRO?

beta patch, from older ATI driver to newest DX9 Beta cant solve it. Damn...

Any experience guys?

G

I'm running it on 1280X1024 with most setting maxed out on GF3Ti500 and an AthlonXP1900, no stuttering or problems at all for me. Are you overclocking your Radeon? cuz I initially had problems running it when I was overclocking even a little.

Most people live at the speed of life, I drink Mountain Dew!

tandra

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
nope, i didnt overclock anything.
i can only play at everything down to notch , 16 bit. smooth as silk. higher than that will stutter a lot.
how?

Pentium 4 2.4B
Gigabyte 8PE667
Gigabyte Maya II Radeon 9700 PRO 128MB
512 MB DDR PC 2700

G

Hmmmmmmm, It sounds like you've tried almost everything =(. My only guess is that NFSHP2 doesn't fully recognize your Radeon9700and is forcing you to run in crappy software mode where there is no 3D acceleration. Check on the box if it supports the Radeon. It sounds like your 3D card is giving the problems, I don't have any experience w/ ATI drivers but I think that might be the problem.
Also, a REALLY good thing to do is to find EA's NFSHP2 website and find the official forum and search to see if anyone has your same problem. In my experience searching forums for common bugs solves like 90% of all game problems.It's too bad cuz NFSHP2 is a really a kickass game. Good luck!

Most people live at the speed of life, I drink Mountain Dew!