Refresh rate question

eden

Champion
Again with my monitor stories, but this time I looked at the Monitor's OSD settings, and it had a Status screen for the Horizontal and Vertical (Guy's guide about CRT monitors really helped me learn more about the Khz and Hz story)refresh rate. It was 48KHZ and 60HZ Vertical. But I think anyone would wonder why such a low vertical rate with a high Horizontal? I also find this weird but then below both of them is something saying: Mode-05
Could this be a mode that says 60HZ but is not that much? Cuz even switching to 800*600 or 640*480 says 60hz but modes are different! In 800*600 it says USER-02 and in 640*480 it says Mode 3.
However what leads me to more suspicion is the fact that at the lowest res it looks brighter, clearer, even the OSD seems sharper, while 800*600 is rather a bit blurry and less enjoyable, and in 1024*768 it is sharp but not bright, just exactly fine.

What do you think this is? Does it run at 60hz in all of them res cuz of the Windows Optimal Adapter setting or is it a monitor's mode of saying this?
Since I know it runs at 120hz MAX as written on the monitor box (they can't be lying now can they?) then it must be running such or less at 640*480 even at optimal??
Damn this all confuses me.... had it only be that those VisionLab freaks include their drivers in Windows... unless Windows Update has?