How do I view .ppt / .pps files in Windows XP Home Edition?

Tags:
  • PowerPoint
  • Windows XP
August 23, 2005 2:18:17 PM

I do not have PowerPoint on my new Dell computer. I have received some .ppt
and .pps files and when I try to open them it spits the dummy! Is there a
way to vew these files or do I have to buy a PowerPoint package?
Many thanks,
HHB

More about : view ppt pps files windows home edition

August 23, 2005 2:31:07 PM

I found this while doing a google search:

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00153.htm

Seems to have free ppt viewers.

Hope this helps,

George

"HHB" wrote:

> I do not have PowerPoint on my new Dell computer. I have received some .ppt
> and .pps files and when I try to open them it spits the dummy! Is there a
> way to vew these files or do I have to buy a PowerPoint package?
> Many thanks,
> HHB
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 4:31:13 PM

Many thanks George. I'll give it a whirl!

"George" wrote:

> I found this while doing a google search:
>
> http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00153.htm
>
> Seems to have free ppt viewers.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> George
>

> "HHB" wrote:
>
> > I do not have PowerPoint on my new Dell computer. I have received some .ppt
> > and .pps files and when I try to open them it spits the dummy! Is there a
> > way to vew these files or do I have to buy a PowerPoint package?
> > Many thanks,
> > HHB
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 6:30:43 PM

HHB <HHB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I do not have PowerPoint on my new Dell computer. I have received some .ppt
>and .pps files and when I try to open them it spits the dummy! Is there a
>way to vew these files or do I have to buy a PowerPoint package?
>Many thanks,
>HHB

Download the free PowerPoint Viewer program from Microsoft and install
it.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 7:17:18 PM

Microsoft provides free PowerPoint viewers. Locate them on their web site.

"HHB" <HHB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 8CA297A-911F-4893-95C8-CC513D7781A1@microsoft.com...
>I do not have PowerPoint on my new Dell computer. I have received some
>.ppt
> and .pps files and when I try to open them it spits the dummy! Is there a
> way to vew these files or do I have to buy a PowerPoint package?
> Many thanks,
> HHB
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:25:31 PM

In article <D8CA297A-911F-4893-95C8-CC513D7781A1@microsoft.com>,
HHB@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I do not have PowerPoint on my new Dell computer. I have received some .ppt
> and .pps files and when I try to open them it spits the dummy! Is there a
> way to vew these files or do I have to buy a PowerPoint package?
> Many thanks,
> HHB

Another way to go is with OpenOffice suite, a replacement for M$ Office.
Yeah, for you it may be overkill with a word processor, spreadsheet,
database and so forth but it's free open-source software and is really
nice for people like me who cannot afford M$ Office. VERY nice! OH, it
will work with Powerpoint files.
!