george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Hi all,

I cannot find the XP Theme. If I right click on the desktop and select
Properties then Appearance, my only choice is for Windows Classic.

I am trying to get the command buttons, etc., to change from the
rectangle-grey to the XP style.

I am running XP Pro version 2002 Service pack 1.

Thanks,

George

Have you tried the theme tab, theme: scroll to WinXP, apply?
j;-)

"George" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I cannot find the XP Theme. If I right click on the desktop and select
> Properties then Appearance, my only choice is for Windows Classic.
>
> I am trying to get the command buttons, etc., to change from the
> rectangle-grey to the XP style.
>
> I am running XP Pro version 2002 Service pack 1.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Tried the theme tab....it's not there.

Will try the uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks.

"Jaymon" wrote:

> Have you tried the theme tab, theme: scroll to WinXP, apply?
> j;-)
>
> "George" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I cannot find the XP Theme. If I right click on the desktop and select
> > Properties then Appearance, my only choice is for Windows Classic.
> >
> > I am trying to get the command buttons, etc., to change from the
> > rectangle-grey to the XP style.
> >
> > I am running XP Pro version 2002 Service pack 1.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > George

Look at #187 on left may apply..

j;-)

"George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I cannot find the XP Theme. If I right click on the desktop and select
> Properties then Appearance, my only choice is for Windows Classic.
>
> I am trying to get the command buttons, etc., to change from the
> rectangle-grey to the XP style.
>
> I am running XP Pro version 2002 Service pack 1.

This may help you,

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Themes

Start the Theme service and set to Automatic.

--
William

Reinstall XP's themes. Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove
Windows Components. Have your XP CD handy, if needed.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I cannot find the XP Theme. If I right click on the desktop and select
> Properties then Appearance, my only choice is for Windows Classic.
>
> I am trying to get the command buttons, etc., to change from the
> rectangle-grey to the XP style.
>
> I am running XP Pro version 2002 Service pack 1.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Well I removed Windows/Background, Desktop (that was the only thing I found)
and re-installed it.

But still no XP Theme.

George

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Reinstall XP's themes. Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Add/Remove
> Windows Components. Have your XP CD handy, if needed.
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I cannot find the XP Theme. If I right click on the desktop and select
> > Properties then Appearance, my only choice is for Windows Classic.
> >
> > I am trying to get the command buttons, etc., to change from the
> > rectangle-grey to the XP style.
> >
> > I am running XP Pro version 2002 Service pack 1.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Thank you William...that was the solution!

George

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I cannot find the XP Theme. If I right click on the desktop and select
>> > Properties then Appearance, my only choice is for Windows Classic.
>> >
>> > I am trying to get the command buttons, etc., to change from the
>> > rectangle-grey to the XP style.
>> >
>> > I am running XP Pro version 2002 Service pack 1.
>> >

>> This may help you,
>>
>> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Themes
>>
>> Start the Theme service and set to Automatic.
>>

> Thank you William...that was the solution!

You're welcome George.

--
William