Could not start the DCOM Server Process Launcher

August 23, 2005 5:50:23 PM

I'm having problems using InstallShield. Apparently it needs the DCOM
process to be started so I tried to start it and I get this error:

Could not start the DCOM Server Process Launcher service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.

DCOM has no dependencies so it can't be some other service I need to start
first, so how can I start it?

--
Sergio Florez M.
Medellín, Colombia

Service startup failure is going to be either corrupt system files, or a driver conflict.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson

Mark L. Ferguson

!