MS Photo Editor 3.0.2.3

5:53 PM 8/23/2005

RE: MS Photo Editor 3.0.2.3

I go to open up one JPG file, and the Photo Editor gives

an error message that it can't determine type. What

should be done?

All other JPGs work well. I have this problem with only

one file.

Thank you,

Barry Karas
6 answers Last reply
More about photo editor

    It may not have been a jpg file and been renamed to a jpg at some point.
    Did it ever open correctly in MS PhotoEditor?

    Will it open in Paint?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > 5:53 PM 8/23/2005
    >
    > RE: MS Photo Editor 3.0.2.3
    >
    > I go to open up one JPG file, and the Photo Editor gives
    >
    > an error message that it can't determine type. What
    >
    > should be done?
    >
    > All other JPGs work well. I have this problem with only
    >
    > one file.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas

    Barry,
    excerpt from:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;210396&sd=tech
    "The JPEG filter has the following limitation:
    .. The filter does not support JPEG Tagged Interchange Format (JTIF) files."

    "Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > 5:53 PM 8/23/2005
    >
    > RE: MS Photo Editor 3.0.2.3
    >
    > I go to open up one JPG file, and the Photo Editor gives
    >
    > an error message that it can't determine type. What
    >
    > should be done?
    >
    > All other JPGs work well. I have this problem with only
    >
    > one file.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Barry Karas

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:30:46 -0700, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
    <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote:

    >It may not have been a jpg file and been renamed to a jpg at some point.
    >Did it ever open correctly in MS PhotoEditor?

    I don't remember.

    >Will it open in Paint?

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:27:35 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
    <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

    >Open Windows Media Player and from the Toolbar select:
    >Play > Volume > Up (F10)

    I tried it - and it doesn't work - unless it takes an awfully long
    time or many, many F10s.

    Thank you,

    Barry Karas

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:30:46 -0700, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
    <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote:

    >It may not have been a jpg file and been renamed to a jpg at some point.
    >Did it ever open correctly in MS PhotoEditor?

    No.

    >Will it open in Paint?

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:30:46 -0700, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
    <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote:

    >It may not have been a jpg file and been renamed to a jpg at some point.
    >Did it ever open correctly in MS PhotoEditor?

    No.

    >Will it open in Paint?

    No.

Photo Microsoft Error Message Windows XP