Silent Optiplex

Potted history:
Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from Dell"
Got them with no problems !!
So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
and
run this setup again"

Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
driver !!!

TIA for any info

Teleman

More about silent optiplex

    "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Potted history:
    > Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
    > No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from Dell"
    > Got them with no problems !!
    > So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
    > Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
    > followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
    > Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
    > THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
    > and
    > run this setup again"
    >
    > Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
    > driver !!!
    >
    > TIA for any info
    >
    > Teleman

    Dunno, file might be corrupted. It's an audio driver, correct?

    I'm curious, didn't WinXP install the audio driver natively? (Any
    bangs/splats in device manager?). I'd be a bit surprised if XP didn't have
    *all* of the necessary drivers for that age machine....

    Stew

    > "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
    >> Potted history:
    >> Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
    >> No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from
    >> Dell"
    >> Got them with no problems !!
    >> So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
    >> Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
    >> followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
    >> Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
    >> THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
    >> and
    >> run this setup again"
    >>
    >> Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
    >> driver !!!
    >>
    >> TIA for any info
    >>
    >> Teleman
    >>

    > Dunno, file might be corrupted. It's an audio driver, correct?
    >
    > I'm curious, didn't WinXP install the audio driver natively? (Any
    > bangs/splats in device manager?). I'd be a bit surprised if XP didn't
    > have *all* of the necessary drivers for that age machine....
    >

    > Stew

    No - clean as a whistle

    > "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
    >>> Potted history:
    >>> Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
    >>> No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from
    >>> Dell"
    >>> Got them with no problems !!
    >>> So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
    >>> Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex
    >>> and
    >>> followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
    >>> Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
    >>> THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your
    >>> system and
    >>> run this setup again"
    >>>
    >>> Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to
    >>> install driver !!!
    >>>
    >>> TIA for any info
    >>>
    >>> Teleman
    >>>

    >> Dunno, file might be corrupted. It's an audio driver, correct?
    >>
    >> I'm curious, didn't WinXP install the audio driver natively? (Any
    >> bangs/splats in device manager?). I'd be a bit surprised if XP didn't
    >> have *all* of the necessary drivers for that age machine....
    >>

    >> Stew
    >
    > No - clean as a whistle

    Okay - which begs the question if I understand correctly - what device are
    you installing drivers for if device mangler is clean? Or why?

    Your subject line "Silent Optiplex" - , does this mean you have no sound on
    the system? ( You can call me 'Captain Obvious' if so.)

    Stew

    > "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message

    >>> Dunno, file might be corrupted. It's an audio driver, correct?
    >>>
    >>> I'm curious, didn't WinXP install the audio driver natively? (Any
    >>> bangs/splats in device manager?). I'd be a bit surprised if XP didn't
    >>> have *all* of the necessary drivers for that age machine....
    >>>

    >>> Stew
    >>
    >> No - clean as a whistle
    >>

    > Okay - which begs the question if I understand correctly - what device are
    > you installing drivers for if device mangler is clean? Or why?
    >
    > Your subject line "Silent Optiplex" - , does this mean you have no sound
    > on the system? ( You can call me 'Captain Obvious' if so.)
    >

    > Stew

    Well - not installing as such, more updating
    I got no sound whatsoever - system beeps - nada, so i thought to give the
    update
    route a shot

    > "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message

    >>> No - clean as a whistle
    >>>

    >> Okay - which begs the question if I understand correctly - what device
    >> are you installing drivers for if device mangler is clean? Or why?
    >>
    >> Your subject line "Silent Optiplex" - , does this mean you have no sound
    >> on the system? ( You can call me 'Captain Obvious' if so.)
    >>

    >> Stew
    >
    > Well - not installing as such, more updating
    > I got no sound whatsoever - system beeps - nada, so i thought to give the
    > update
    > route a shot

    Check everything from your physical cables to your software mute settings.
    Probably something simple....

    The integrated sound would probably have a bang in DM if it didn't/couldn't
    install the driver...

    Stew

    I recently acquired a Dell Optiplex GX150 and installed WinXP. I didn't
    install sound drivers and the onboard sound is fine. I used a different
    Chipset driver however. R47822.exe is for the GX150.

    Brian

    "Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I recently acquired a Dell Optiplex GX150 and installed WinXP. I didn't
    >install sound drivers and the onboard sound is fine. I used a different
    >Chipset driver however. R47822.exe is for the GX150.
    >
    > Brian
    >

    > "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
    >> Potted history:
    >> Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
    >> No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from
    >> Dell"
    >> Got them with no problems !!
    >> So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
    >> Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
    >> followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
    >> Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
    >> THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
    >> and
    >> run this setup again"
    >>
    >> Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
    >> driver !!!
    >>
    >> TIA for any info
    >>
    >> Teleman

    All fxed now, i used an old soundcard i had laying around

    Good.

    > All fxed now, i used an old soundcard i had laying around

Dell Optiplex Computers