Silent Optiplex

Last response: in Computer Brands
June 20, 2005 11:15:01 PM

Potted history:
Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from Dell"
Got them with no problems !!
So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
and
run this setup again"

Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
driver !!!

TIA for any info

Teleman

--

More about : silent optiplex

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 11:15:02 PM

"Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
> Potted history:
> Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
> No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from Dell"
> Got them with no problems !!
> So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
> Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
> followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
> Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
> THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
> and
> run this setup again"
>
> Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
> driver !!!
>
> TIA for any info
>
> Teleman

Dunno, file might be corrupted. It's an audio driver, correct?

I'm curious, didn't WinXP install the audio driver natively? (Any
bangs/splats in device manager?). I'd be a bit surprised if XP didn't have
*all* of the necessary drivers for that age machine....

Stew
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:33:17 AM

> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Potted history:
>> Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
>> No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from
>> Dell"
>> Got them with no problems !!
>> So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
>> Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
>> followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
>> Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
>> THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
>> and
>> run this setup again"
>>
>> Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
>> driver !!!
>>
>> TIA for any info
>>
>> Teleman
>>

> Dunno, file might be corrupted. It's an audio driver, correct?
>
> I'm curious, didn't WinXP install the audio driver natively? (Any
> bangs/splats in device manager?). I'd be a bit surprised if XP didn't
> have *all* of the necessary drivers for that age machine....
>

> Stew

No - clean as a whistle
June 21, 2005 1:33:18 AM

> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> Potted history:
>>> Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
>>> No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from
>>> Dell"
>>> Got them with no problems !!
>>> So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
>>> Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex
>>> and
>>> followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
>>> Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
>>> THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your
>>> system and
>>> run this setup again"
>>>
>>> Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to
>>> install driver !!!
>>>
>>> TIA for any info
>>>
>>> Teleman
>>>

>> Dunno, file might be corrupted. It's an audio driver, correct?
>>
>> I'm curious, didn't WinXP install the audio driver natively? (Any
>> bangs/splats in device manager?). I'd be a bit surprised if XP didn't
>> have *all* of the necessary drivers for that age machine....
>>

>> Stew
>
> No - clean as a whistle

Okay - which begs the question if I understand correctly - what device are
you installing drivers for if device mangler is clean? Or why?

Your subject line "Silent Optiplex" - , does this mean you have no sound on
the system? ( You can call me 'Captain Obvious' if so.)

Stew
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:16:22 AM

> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message

>>> Dunno, file might be corrupted. It's an audio driver, correct?
>>>
>>> I'm curious, didn't WinXP install the audio driver natively? (Any
>>> bangs/splats in device manager?). I'd be a bit surprised if XP didn't
>>> have *all* of the necessary drivers for that age machine....
>>>

>>> Stew
>>
>> No - clean as a whistle
>>

> Okay - which begs the question if I understand correctly - what device are
> you installing drivers for if device mangler is clean? Or why?
>
> Your subject line "Silent Optiplex" - , does this mean you have no sound
> on the system? ( You can call me 'Captain Obvious' if so.)
>

> Stew

Well - not installing as such, more updating
I got no sound whatsoever - system beeps - nada, so i thought to give the
update
route a shot
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:16:23 AM

> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message

>>> No - clean as a whistle
>>>

>> Okay - which begs the question if I understand correctly - what device
>> are you installing drivers for if device mangler is clean? Or why?
>>
>> Your subject line "Silent Optiplex" - , does this mean you have no sound
>> on the system? ( You can call me 'Captain Obvious' if so.)
>>

>> Stew
>
> Well - not installing as such, more updating
> I got no sound whatsoever - system beeps - nada, so i thought to give the
> update
> route a shot

Check everything from your physical cables to your software mute settings.
Probably something simple....

The integrated sound would probably have a bang in DM if it didn't/couldn't
install the driver...

Stew
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 6:44:37 AM

I recently acquired a Dell Optiplex GX150 and installed WinXP. I didn't
install sound drivers and the onboard sound is fine. I used a different
Chipset driver however. R47822.exe is for the GX150.

Brian

"Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
> Potted history:
> Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
> No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from Dell"
> Got them with no problems !!
> So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
> Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
> followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
> Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
> THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
> and
> run this setup again"
>
> Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
> driver !!!
>
> TIA for any info
>
> Teleman

June 21, 2005 1:26:01 PM

"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p aLte.24655$F7.8735@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>I recently acquired a Dell Optiplex GX150 and installed WinXP. I didn't
>install sound drivers and the onboard sound is fine. I used a different
>Chipset driver however. R47822.exe is for the GX150.
>
> Brian
>

> "Teleman" <teleman@nospamegremont.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Potted history:
>> Bought (on behalf a friend) an old Dell Optiplex GX110 800 MGHZ on Ebay
>> No drivers included in sale, so i though "no problem - get them from
>> Dell"
>> Got them with no problems !!
>> So far so good - the XP install went like a dream
>> Then i transfered the file i downloaded (R45973.exe) over to Optiplex and
>> followed the instructions to the letter (leaving all the defaults set)
>> Got the familiar "Installshield Wizard" and hit "next"
>> THEN i got a "Severe" error message "driver not fornd! reboot your system
>> and
>> run this setup again"
>>
>> Why should i get a "driver not found" message when i am trying to install
>> driver !!!
>>
>> TIA for any info
>>
>> Teleman

All fxed now, i used an old soundcard i had laying around
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 2:30:02 PM

Good.

!