Laptop will not boot (Windows XP) HELP!

a b D Laptop
August 23, 2005 11:24:20 PM

::Hello, Sod's law I urgently need a file from my Laptop but it will not
boot up. When I switch on The SONY logo appears but it will not complete
the boot sequence. I get the message Cannot_Find_String ? I can reach
set-up by ctrl/alt/del > esc. But the dos screen will not boot past the
CD Drive. I have tried to boot from CD but can not? Please Help if you
can the file I need is Very important to me.
Regards
Bez::

--
RC51

More about : laptop boot windows

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 24, 2005 2:25:52 AM

You'll need to do a Repair Installation of XP. First thing to check is to
get the notebook to look for the optical drive (CD drive) first before it
looks for the hard drive.... now that varies from notebook to notebook so
you'll have to consult your notebook manual.

Then see:
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging