No sound on DVD player

Whenever I play a DVD on my computer there is no sound. Ive tried several
DVDs and several different players, even Microsofts own Windows Media Player.
Whats wrong with my computer?
7 answers Last reply
More about sound player

    I dont know!!
    do you have a sound card??
    did you install the drivers for the sound card??
    Does other sound play ??
    did you check under control panel/sounds and audio devices to see if it is
    set right??
    Have you plugged head phones into the audio jack on the front of the DVD
    player and received sound??
    help us to help you...............info!!
    peterk

    "ImprezaFreak" <ImprezaFreak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I play a DVD on my computer there is no sound. Ive tried several
    > DVDs and several different players, even Microsofts own Windows Media
    > Player.
    > Whats wrong with my computer?

    Yes, all other sounds play, including audio CDs and games that I put in the
    DVD-ROM drive, I have an SoundBlaster Live! and its up to date.

    I also tried the headphones thing.

    "peterk" wrote:

    > I dont know!!
    > do you have a sound card??
    > did you install the drivers for the sound card??
    > Does other sound play ??
    > did you check under control panel/sounds and audio devices to see if it is
    > set right??
    > Have you plugged head phones into the audio jack on the front of the DVD
    > player and received sound??
    > help us to help you...............info!!
    > peterk
    >
    > --
    > Never trust a computer you can't throw out the window. - Steve Wozniak
    > "ImprezaFreak" <ImprezaFreak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Whenever I play a DVD on my computer there is no sound. Ive tried several
    > > DVDs and several different players, even Microsofts own Windows Media
    > > Player.
    > > Whats wrong with my computer?

    Sound Blaster sound cards have "separate" volume controls for Speaker, Mics,
    Line-in/out, CD Audio and CD Digital. Double click on the volume control
    icon in the taskbar and access the Properties. Then, configure the volume
    controls you want to see on the "Advanced" control screen. You can now
    adjust the individual volume settings.

    > Yes, all other sounds play, including audio CDs and games that I put in
    > the
    > DVD-ROM drive, I have an SoundBlaster Live! and its up to date.
    >
    > I also tried the headphones thing.
    >
    > "peterk" wrote:
    >
    >> I dont know!!
    >> do you have a sound card??
    >> did you install the drivers for the sound card??
    >> Does other sound play ??
    >> did you check under control panel/sounds and audio devices to see if it
    >> is
    >> set right??
    >> Have you plugged head phones into the audio jack on the front of the DVD
    >> player and received sound??
    >> help us to help you...............info!!
    >> peterk
    >>
    >> --
    >> Never trust a computer you can't throw out the window. - Steve Wozniak
    >> "ImprezaFreak" <ImprezaFreak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Whenever I play a DVD on my computer there is no sound. Ive tried
    >> > several
    >> > DVDs and several different players, even Microsofts own Windows Media
    >> > Player.
    >> > Whats wrong with my computer?

    I did that already, I actually figured somthing out though, The two movies
    I've been trying to play are Harry Potter and the Sorcers Stone, and Harry
    Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I have a Dream Theater DVD and a Green
    Day DVD that both work. The DVD softwares I'm using are Interactual Player,
    Inter Video and Windows DVD.

    ImprezaFreak Wrote:
    > Whenever I play a DVD on my computer there is no sound. Ive tried
    > several
    > DVDs and several different players, even Microsofts own Windows Media
    > Player.
    > Whats wrong with my computer?

    Just to let you know, in order to play a DVD in Windows Media Player or
    any other player, you will need the proper codec. However, in your case,
    I am assuming you have video output but just no sound, so that makes it
    more weird. What else players have you tried?

    --
    Evolution54

    I have the DivX codec, and it works. I've tried other DVD's and they work,
    the only ones that dont work are the Harry Potter ones, I dont get it. Why
    would they be the only ones that dont work?

    ImprezaFreak Wrote:
    > I have the DivX codec, and it works. I've tried other DVD's and they
    > work,
    > the only ones that dont work are the Harry Potter ones, I dont get it.
    > Why
    > would they be the only ones that dont work?
    >
    > "Evolution54" wrote:
    > -
    >
    > ImprezaFreak Wrote:-
    > Whenever I play a DVD on my computer there is no sound. Ive tried
    > several
    > DVDs and several different players, even Microsofts own Windows
    > Media
    > Player.
    > Whats wrong with my computer?-
    >
    > Just to let you know, in order to play a DVD in Windows Media Player
    > or
    > any other player, you will need the proper codec. However, in your
    > case,
    > I am assuming you have video output but just no sound, so that makes
    > it
    > more weird. What else players have you tried?
    >

    > --
    > Evolution54
    > -

    Are the DVDs pirated or retail?

    --
    Evolution54

DVD Players Microsoft Computers Windows XP