I had set an account with password protection (administrative account), then
had to do a repair and now i cannot get into my folders that are password
protected. Now how do take the password off that folder and get access to
it?

Thank you,
Maxine

Just a thought, passwords used to be stored in a file called <username>.pwl
(username being your usename of course. If you can find this file and delete
it you might be able to get into your folders. Good luck.

"Maxine" <krankymax@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I had set an account with password protection (administrative account),
>then had to do a repair and now i cannot get into my folders that are
>password protected. Now how do take the password off that folder and get
>access to it?

Are you receiving the message "Access Denied"? If so, take a look at,

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

--
William

William,

Everything worked great, thank you very much.

Maxine

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Maxine" <krankymax@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I had set an account with password protection (administrative account),
>>>then had to do a repair and now i cannot get into my folders that are
>>>password protected. Now how do take the password off that folder and get
>>>access to it?
>>>

>> Are you receiving the message "Access Denied"? If so, take a look at,
>>
>> How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
>>

> Everything worked great, thank you very much.

You're welcome Maxine.

--
William