Hi
I am trying to set up a dialup connection with xp pro. The modem is on com3
but the connection wizzard defaults to com1. I can not find how to change
the settings for the dial up connection. My isp is on strike so their tech
support could not help. Any ideas.

bone

When u say the modem is on com3 I'm assuming that you have an internal PCI
modem. If not then com3 is incorrect. Has Windows detected and identified it?
do you need to install special drivers for it? Sounds to me as if Windows
doesn't know about this modem, otherwise it would offer it as the connection
option.

"boneheadz" wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to set up a dialup connection with xp pro. The modem is on com3
> but the connection wizzard defaults to com1. I can not find how to change
> the settings for the dial up connection. My isp is on strike so their tech
> support could not help. Any ideas.
>
> bone

Yes it is internal. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and everything says it
is worker properly. I have tested it through device manager. The problem
seems to be when I create a dial up connection manually through the
connection wizard it selects com1 and then the dialup connection shows as
unavailable.

bone

"Silentradar" wrote:

> When u say the modem is on com3 I'm assuming that you have an internal PCI
> modem. If not then com3 is incorrect. Has Windows detected and identified it?
> do you need to install special drivers for it? Sounds to me as if Windows
> doesn't know about this modem, otherwise it would offer it as the connection
> option.
>
> "boneheadz" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I am trying to set up a dialup connection with xp pro. The modem is on com3
> > but the connection wizzard defaults to com1. I can not find how to change
> > the settings for the dial up connection. My isp is on strike so their tech
> > support could not help. Any ideas.
> >
> > bone

I am just bumping this up. I am completely stumped with this problem.
Because the system only has dial up there is no way to update xp pro.