Annoying GF3 (VisionTek Xtasy ti500) Problem

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
This is basically a trivial problem, but never the less annoying. My Visiontek Ti500 card won't display certain low level graphic screens. Such as the first Video card BIOS screen (first screen you see when you tun on the comp IDing your video card) It will show the mobo bios screen. Also it will not show the Loading windows screen with the black screen and the ascii progress bar (the one before the color porgress win2k load.) Also it will not show the win2k setup screen when you boot of a win2k CD until all the setup plugins load and it asks for input. It works great in windows though. Its just annoying though. I think it may be a video card bios issue, but I'm not sure.

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
the geforce3series cards that I have seen do not display the gpu bios info anymore... as for the rest I don't use w2k so I can't say..and I don't have the win 98 splash screen enabled either so I don't see any progress bars during boot

Laggewr

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Let me get back with you on this tomorrow. I have the exact same card but I've never really paid attention to the symptoms you describe.