What processor are compatible with the "Acer Aspire V3-571G"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelseaSJL09

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
I bought a laptop recently and want to upgrade the processor. I cannot find what processors are compatible and obviously don't want to buy one for it to not work.

Not true. Most you can but only a slight model or two faster than what you currently have. Usually it's not worth it as laptop cpu's are expensive and spending a few hundred dollars for an extra 200-400mhz isn't worth it.

OP, why would you buy a laptop and not choose a good processor at the start.

ChelseaSJL09

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Sorry for the delay. I didn't buy a good processor at first as I could not really afford it. I probably won't be buying the processor any time soon, I just want to be aware of what processors I can upgrade to.

Faust Vercetti

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

Double not true
I have an Acer Extensa 5620z. originally came out with 1.5ghz or slower. I upgraded the cpu to a T8300 (2.5ghz) in a matter of seconds. just a matter or unscrewing the access panel, unscrewing the heatsink and using a flat head to unlock the processor socket, pull it out, pop new one in and reverse above steps.

New processor cost me $45 second hand, and I sold my old processor for $30. so I got a 1.0+ghz upgrade for $15.

Quite annoying when looking for info and people just chuck up a NO to cover everything when its clearly quite a laptop specific answer

Well glad in your ONE CASE it worked out. When you have worked on hundreds of laptops, you can be a bit more qualified to say in most cases, you can only upgrade a small amount up as the BIOS is laptops is limited to what CPU's they support.

somepeoplearefools

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013

Actually If you have worked with hundreds of laptops, you will also understand that many manufacturers produce the same mobo for various differnt models of the same laptop. As in the OP case the V3 has several different models all with the same mobo but different processors!. Most people say no no you cant upgrade but most of these people have never taken apart a laptop. As for the Bios issue if you were qualified and had any knowledge you would also know that it is a fairly simple process to flash a Bios if it is needed.

To the OP do your research first and don't try and cut corners.Another great mod is to loose the DVD drive and replace with a blu ray or second HDD/SSD.

William Longstreet

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

I do wonder if you believe in soder.

Status
Not open for further replies.