A Blackberry Q

Can anyone give me some info on the blackberry? Can I put more ringtones on
it? Do I need a program?
5 answers Last reply
More about blackberry
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I have the 7510 and I haven't figured out how to add anything extra to it. I
    found one free program that works on it and it's pretty useless, a timer
    app. Programs for this model are expensive! If I would have know that the
    apps are so model specific I would not have bought it. Forget about viewing
    any kind of images also, there is no native support for images at all... so
    why have a color device? Doesn't make any sense to me. The connection
    manager is a version of Intellisync and also leaves much to be desired.

    "Craig @ NY ;-}" <liguy1@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone give me some info on the blackberry? Can I put more ringtones
    on
    > it? Do I need a program?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Scooterflex" <scooterflex@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have the 7510 and I haven't figured out how to add anything extra to it.
    > found one free program that works on it and it's pretty useless, a timer
    > app. Programs for this model are expensive! If I would have know that the
    > apps are so model specific I would not have bought it. Forget about
    viewing
    > any kind of images also, there is no native support for images at all...
    so
    > why have a color device? Doesn't make any sense to me. The connection
    > manager is a version of Intellisync and also leaves much to be desired.

    I agree on all points. Totally worthless to have color screen. I was told by
    our corporate sales rep you can view any web page with graphics. He's sorry
    he told us now but....
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I really felt I threw $350 out the window... no make that $400, I forgot the
    add the fee for buying the phone. Unbelievable, they charge you to buy a
    phone from them. Talk about highway robbery!

    "an admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote in message

    > "Scooterflex" <scooterflex@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I have the 7510 and I haven't figured out how to add anything extra to
    it.
    > > found one free program that works on it and it's pretty useless, a timer
    > > app. Programs for this model are expensive! If I would have know that
    the
    > > apps are so model specific I would not have bought it. Forget about
    > viewing
    > > any kind of images also, there is no native support for images at all...
    > so
    > > why have a color device? Doesn't make any sense to me. The connection
    > > manager is a version of Intellisync and also leaves much to be desired.
    > >

    > I agree on all points. Totally worthless to have color screen. I was told
    by
    > our corporate sales rep you can view any web page with graphics. He's
    sorry
    > he told us now but....

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    The link below has some useful apps for the Nextel Blackberry.
    Reasonably priced as well.

    http://www.reqwireless.com/

    Good luck,

    -Mike

    Scooterflex wrote:
    > I really felt I threw $350 out the window... no make that $400, I forgot the
    > add the fee for buying the phone. Unbelievable, they charge you to buy a
    > phone from them. Talk about highway robbery!
    >
    > "an admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Scooterflex" <scooterflex@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have the 7510 and I haven't figured out how to add anything extra to
    >
    > it.

    >>>found one free program that works on it and it's pretty useless, a timer
    >>>app. Programs for this model are expensive! If I would have know that
    >
    > the
    >
    >>>apps are so model specific I would not have bought it. Forget about
    >>
    >>viewing
    >>
    >>>any kind of images also, there is no native support for images at all...
    >>
    >>so
    >>
    >>>why have a color device? Doesn't make any sense to me. The connection
    >>>manager is a version of Intellisync and also leaves much to be desired.
    >>>

    >>I agree on all points. Totally worthless to have color screen. I was told
    >
    > by
    >
    >>our corporate sales rep you can view any web page with graphics. He's
    >
    > sorry
    >
    >>he told us now but....

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Ringtones can be added to the blackberries by e-mailing yourself a
    link to a midi file on the internet. Or browsing to one with the
    blackberry browser.

    Lets say you want to add a Rolling Stones song. Just go to
    www.google.com and do a search for Rolling Stones midis. Then find one
    you like, right click and copy the link location and e-mail it to your
    phone.

    Don't put the word ringtone in your search otherwise you'll be pulled
    into sites wanting to sell you the ringtones.

    There is also a site on the net that has ringtones for free for
    blackberries. It is http://www.8ung.at/drmsushi use the monophonic
    ringtones for the nextel models. The polyphonic ones *may* play but
    probably won't sound right.

    Blackberry also has some free sample ringtones at
    http://www.blackberry.com/browserdemo/dpbw/ringtones.html

    JIM <hello@hello.com> wrote in message news:<aj8ed.474$_3.8374@typhoon.sonic.net>...
    > The link below has some useful apps for the Nextel Blackberry.
    > Reasonably priced as well.
    >
    > http://www.reqwireless.com/
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > -Mike
    >

    > Scooterflex wrote:
    > > I really felt I threw $350 out the window... no make that $400, I forgot the
    > > add the fee for buying the phone. Unbelievable, they charge you to buy a
    > > phone from them. Talk about highway robbery!
    > >
    > > "an admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Scooterflex" <scooterflex@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > > it.

    > > the

    > >>viewing

    > >>so

    > >>I agree on all points. Totally worthless to have color screen. I was told
    > >
    > > by
    > >
    > >>our corporate sales rep you can view any web page with graphics. He's
    > >
    > > sorry
    > >
    > >>he told us now but....

Nextel BlackBerry Internet Service Providers Product