dont know how to recover sound &video card after formatting

August 24, 2005 3:19:03 AM

please help..i formatted my computer for the first time, then i cannot
install my sound card and video card and i cannot figure out what kind of
card im using
August 24, 2005 11:50:31 AM

Download either Aida32 or Belarc Advisor. Either one will tell you
everything you need to know about your computer including what sound and
video cards you have. Then check out their websites for drivers.

"helpme" <helpme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please help..i formatted my computer for the first time, then i cannot
> install my sound card and video card and i cannot figure out what kind of
> card im using
December 16, 2011 12:47:45 AM

helpme said:

please help..i formatted my computer for the first time, then i cannot
install my sound card and video card and i cannot figure out what kind of
card im using

I had same problem after re-installing xp. System showed no sound device. google manufacturer name and model of your computer and look for support. Luckily I remembered the name of my original devices, these are the ones installed on your computer integrally by the manufacturer.Check the download section, download these drivers and install any software that comes with them. This worked for me on IBM thinkpad for sound video and wireless utility, good luck
December 16, 2011 2:40:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
!