Converting ISO file to bootable CD

I have an ISO file for a shareware utility that is supposed to result in
a bootable CD. How do I do this in XP Home? Searching on 'iso' in XP Home
Help comes up with nothing. I understand I can do it in Nero but don't
have that ap or any other third-party CD burning software.

TIA

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat."

Will Rogers
5 answers Last reply
More about converting file bootable

    The CD writing tools in XP will not "burn" an ISO image. It was never
    desinged like that. I have successfully used Roxio or Nero to create the CD
    from an ISO image.

    Yves Leclerc wrote:
    > The CD writing tools in XP will not "burn" an ISO image. It was never
    > desinged like that. I have successfully used Roxio or Nero to create the CD
    > from an ISO image.
    >

    > "Ken Knecht" <kenkknot@deruknot.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have an ISO file for a shareware utility that is supposed to result in
    >>a bootable CD. How do I do this in XP Home? Searching on 'iso' in XP Home
    >>Help comes up with nothing. I understand I can do it in Nero but don't
    >>have that ap or any other third-party CD burning software.
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>

    >>--
    >>Untie the two knots to email me
    >>
    >>"I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat."
    >>
    >>Will Rogers

    How do you do it in Roxio?

    In Roxio Easy Media Creator Classic, you can read the ISO file. Then, just
    follow the burning steps.

    "DrJoel" <joelw135@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Yves Leclerc wrote:
    >> The CD writing tools in XP will not "burn" an ISO image. It was never
    >> desinged like that. I have successfully used Roxio or Nero to create the
    >> CD from an ISO image.
    >>

    >> "Ken Knecht" <kenkknot@deruknot.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have an ISO file for a shareware utility that is supposed to result in
    >>>a bootable CD. How do I do this in XP Home? Searching on 'iso' in XP Home
    >>>Help comes up with nothing. I understand I can do it in Nero but don't
    >>>have that ap or any other third-party CD burning software.
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>

    >>>--
    >>>Untie the two knots to email me
    >>>
    >>>"I'm not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat."
    >>>
    >>>Will Rogers
    >>>

    > How do you do it in Roxio?

    "Ken Knecht" <kenkknot@deruknot.com> wrote in message
    > I have an ISO file for a shareware utility that is supposed to result
    > in a bootable CD. How do I do this in XP Home? Searching on 'iso' in
    > XP Home Help comes up with nothing. I understand I can do it in Nero
    > but don't have that ap or any other third-party CD burning software.
    >
    > TIA

    Try this: It's free and will burn ISO images to CD

    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

    Yves Leclerc wrote:
    > In Roxio Easy Media Creator Classic, you can read the ISO file. Then, just
    > follow the burning steps.
    >

    > "DrJoel" <joelw135@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Yves Leclerc wrote:
    >>
    >>>The CD writing tools in XP will not "burn" an ISO image. It was never
    >>>desinged like that. I have successfully used Roxio or Nero to create the
    >>>CD from an ISO image.
    >>>

    >>>"Ken Knecht" <kenkknot@deruknot.com> wrote in message

    >>How do you do it in Roxio?

    Can I have a more detailed step by step for Roxio? Thanks.

ISO CD-Rom Windows XP